Have I been blocked?

I had everything running well, with a good, IPTV provider but now my US channels are stopping after 10 seconds or so. Also the epg has gone for the US...which was working well before.
UK and Sly channels work fine....and their epg also. I would have thought if my ISP had blocked me then nothing would play? What's happening here? Do I need to use the VPN manager plugin? I thought I had a VPN on my router but maybe not... Can just the US channels be blocked by the providers source streams? He's a re-seller but has been nice and helpful so I would like to re-sub with him if possible. How much is a VPN provider these days...suitable for VPN Manager?

Your iptv supplier is having issues on their end if the USA channels aren't working but everything else is

That's what I thought but I just used VPN Manager...with a free vpn (very slow!) and now the US channels work...albeit a bit glitchy. So there must be some blocking somewhere along the line. Can anyone recommend the fastest running VPN that's not too expensive? Surfshark has good reviews?

Last edited:
I had a similar experience with my isp alittle while ago due to congestion, sorted it self out after a week.

Using a VPN at the time worked, I've always been a fan of Nord, especially since it's got a high cashback amount via quidco/top cashback.

I would speak to your supplier as if it was a block surely other channels would be effected.
Thank you. I spoke to him and he said I need a VPN. I used a free (slow!) VPN and then the US channels worked again. Now I need to buy a better VPN and figure out how to use it!

I'd hold fire 1/2 days.
Keep updating your playlist and its very common for channels to not work one day then be fine the next, particularly non UK ones

I'd hold fire 1/2 days.
Keep updating your playlist and its very common for channels to not work one day then be fine the next, particularly non UK ones
You may be right and I thought the same but I had been having issues with audio sync for a day, then sound but no picture, then 2 days of freezing after 5-10 seconds...now I have Surfshark Manager running and it's playing well, FHD, 5.1 sound and working US epg. Pretty happy...for now!

Last edited:
Now that the channels have come back using a VPN the EPG has disappeared. Have tried different locations in Surfshark....tried rebooting...tried reloading bouquets...updating epg import...nothing? Is this down to my provider? Anyone else having this issue?

but I had been having issues with audio sync for a day, then sound but no picture, then 2 days of freezing after 5-10 seconds...now I have Surfshack Manager running and it's playing well, FHD, 5.1 sound and working US epg. Pretty happy...for now!
I have issues with EPG from time to time, resets itself. Meaning in my case, its nothing at my end.
Sometimes it can be up to 1 day and a half.

Now that the channels have come back using a VPN the EPG has disappeared. Have tried different locations in Surfshark....tried rebooting...tried reloading bouquets...updating epg import...nothing? Is this down to my provider? Anyone else having this issue?
With enigma2 boxes make sure you have a USB initialised to the box and epg is directed to save to it. Also make sure in epg importer that the epg is ticked and saved so it can run

With enigma2 boxes make sure you have a USB initialised to the box and epg is directed to save to it. Also make sure in epg importer that the epg is ticked and saved so it can run
Thanks folks. I have full working US epg now. Not sure why it came back on...probably an epg update in the US. I am using SurfShark VPN set to Boston and channels are playing ok with full epg. What could possibly go wrong?!

Spoke too soon. all epg was working well last night and this morning...also the US channels were clearing without having to use a VPN but now just about ALL of my epg has gone off again..with or without VPN. This is driving me crazy and my supplier, although helpful cannot fix it. He says his US suppliers say the epg is fine.
Driving me mad!

Back