hdmi problem

hi guys i have a problem. i would like to watch zgemma on upstairs room, i have put in hdmi cable and bought a hdmi splitter. when i plug both cables in box the screen goes black and loose picture, if i turn both tvs on together both work, but if i turn off tv in bedroom the screen downstairs goes black.. i decided to try the same thing on my android box and it works perfectly even if only one tv turned on . i was wondering if there is a setting i need to adjust in zgemma possibly in the hdmi settings. bit of a loss on this one.

any help be most grateful

thanks p.murtha

on the zgemma box try switching off hdmi control

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 PM ----------

sounds like a handshake issue and the zgemma is getting communication back from one of the tvs that its switched off, sometimes you have to switch this feature off on the tv to.

thanks for the reply guys not sure how to stream to android box and defo dont know how to sort handshake problem. should i look in tv settings upstairs in the hdmi section.

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ----------

had a look at tv upstairs nothing in menu about setting hdmi or av.

there is a setting on the zgemma box for it try switching it off there first, then look at tvs

---------- Post Merged at 11:02 PM ----------

on the zgemma box look for hdmi-cec and switch it off then reboot box, tv;s and splitter if powered and retry

hi been right through zgemma settings nothing seems to work as soon as i put upstairs hdmi in and dont turn on tv screen just goes black.

To much work plug android box in upstairs. Open browser on android box type in ip address of zgemma (find in network settings) press search. BOOM openwebif opens like magic you can now watch your channels upstairs even recordings and set things to record.
Saves all the wires and messing around mate

Just install the openwebif plugin to the zgemma and your done.

tried those settings m8 but still the same as soon as hdmi for upstairs plugged in without tv being on down stairs goes black.

tried those settings m8 but still the same as soon as hdmi for upstairs plugged in without tv being on down stairs goes black.

what splitter are you using?

---------- Post Merged at 11:31 PM ----------

what brand is tv downstairs?

i have hdmi matrix in my house 4x4 and i had problems like this and it was the hdmi control features on all equipment that was causing issues

try this

• Press HOME, then select
    S_NUXs_setting.icon.png
    → [Channels & Inputs] → [HDMI Settings] → [Control for HDMI] → [On].
  • Activate “Control for HDMI” on the connected equipment.
    For details, refer to the instruction manual of the connected equipment

also do you have another small television in the house put it beside splitter disconnect sony one and put small hdmi to that television does it work?

---------- Post Merged at 11:39 PM ----------

control hdmi you will switch off tho not on

thanks for your help m8 still the same will try laptop later, but thinking how do you stream to android box would possible try that as last resort.

You've already been told :

To much work plug android box in upstairs. Open browser on android box type in ip address of zgemma (find in network settings) press search. BOOM openwebif opens like magic you can now watch your channels upstairs even recordings and set things to record.
Saves all the wires and messing around mate

Just install the openwebif plugin to the zgemma and your done.

yeah u said about android box but when i type in address noting comes up and when i go to play store and try to download software says not compatible with device?. by the way openwebif already installed on zgemma.

Last edited:
You shouldn't need to download anyting on the Android box.

Open a web browser on the Android box and type the IP address of your ZGemma box in to the address bar.
It will open a web interface for the Zgemma.
From here, you can select the bouquet you want and subsequently the channel you want to watch.
By clicking on the little monitor icon next to the channel (on the right) it will stream the channel to your Android box.

If you don't get a webinterface, either you've got the wrong IP address OR you don't have the OpenWebIF plugin installed on your ZGemma.

It comes preinstalled with the Whooshbuild.. I'm not sure about others.

On zgemma go to menu then plugins, green to download look for openwebif plugin and install.

Once installed you need the ip address of zgemma can be found in network settings somewere.
Then on android box in browser type in zgemma ip address if done correctly that should bring up your bouquets from zgemma on tv upstairs.

like i said openwebif already installed and setup can use on laptop no problem , the issue is with android but if i type 192.168. then the last digit it finds info on loads of routers does not open openwebif . others have said down load software done that also android box says not compatible so where do i go from there.

Back