Heeeelllllpppppp

shaggy251

bought a h2h box at the weekend with sky epg,

I have now bought the connectors to connect my virgin line to the box also and my virgin broadband to the box :)

but.......................

I have done a scan for the virgin channels they are there but nothing comes up when i select them .... also my epg is missing channels and i dont think the recording is working properly either can someone help a new first time user thanks

you need to buy a c line or n line , better known as 'gift' otherwise you'll only get FTA channels

with cable line you'll probably need an attenuator too otherwise signal strength on some channels may be too strong/weak

cable is known to be more stable than sat but sat has much more channels and variety than cable

for your channel scan, use ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) or E2 AutoBouquets - either one should be installed on your box - look in 'plugins' screen - use this to scan your channels

and for your epg go to menu > setup > system > epg > cross epg > update rytec providers > xml tv providers > enable virgin epg > go back > download now ; or for satellite same process but choose opentv providers then download now ; let cross epg run and it should load your channels

if you search this forum on how to set up/use cross epg this would be beneficial to you and your box also; if you save epg in hdd / usb it's better for your receiver's memory and will more than likely run smoother

hope this helps

Have you read any setup guides from the download section to familiarise yourself with the different options that your remote control will do?
Once you have done that I'm sure you will be on the right track.
If still unsure you could post back here with more information about what exactly you have done or setup. That way you will get your answers quicker.

hi tried the epg fix and all most all channels still missing also i have about 3 or 4 of each channel in sepertate sections across the top sorry if im being thick usally good at this stuff but these have so many settings and features etc

---------- Post Merged at 09:14 PM ----------

sorry all

i bought a h2h box that was set for sky and i have vm bb i have got a splitter and now my vm line now goes into my broadband and my h2h box along with one of my lnb lines

If you want to use both sat and cable you will need a line/gift for each one. You said it was setup for sat so you probably don't have a line/gift for cable so it would be best to get a test line for that first. Ask your line provider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok so i need a seperate line for sky and virgin how does the recording work then i though if i had virgin plugged in i could record one and watch another

Yes - if you have both VM and sat plugged in you can record VM and watch sat or vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a gift for both sat and cable , you can record sat while watching cable or the other way around if your box has a sat and cable tuner .......

yes you can,but keep gifts the same if using nlines for sat get nlines for cable so box can use the same softcam.

sorry im unsure of all these technical terms lol when you mean nlines does that mean it would run on mgcamd ? am i right in thinking ..... and where can i get one of these for virgin and what would the cost be thanks all

Back