[Help] Advice needed

daiiawn

Hey guys, just wanted to get a quick bit of advice if possible!

I've bought a skybox but am having trouble getting any signal on it. With no cable in it shows a strength/quality of 33/10% (which I believe is normal?). With a cable in it is showing 44/10%. I have the box setup with AJ's latest channel list and updated firmware. Ensures the box was looking at the correct sat (although have tried others and signal seems the same).

I've read a few posts elsewhere and also have the following set, LNB power is on, LNB freq is universal (9750 - 10600), I'm unsure what transponder is set to, but I've tried several with no change.

From what I've read its either going to be a problem with the box, a problem with the cabling or a problem with the sat alignment (I believe the last is more likely?). The sat isnt in a position where I can get to it myself (and in all honesty I wouldnt know what I was doing if I could!). Just eyeballing it, the sats of other houses in our street seem to be pointing slightly more east than ours, but I dont know if thats just me looking for something to be different.

I wont be able to take the box to a house that I know has a working sat, to test, for another couple of weeks. Do you think it is worth getting a satellite engineer to look at the dish/alignment/cabling, or do you think the issue is actually more likely to be with the box?

If it's an F5 or F5s, then a common mistake is to put the LNB cable into the loop socket rather than the LNB socket, as the LNB socket is the second connector in from the end.

If you suspect that your dish may be pointing slightly more west than the others, then it's possible that it's pointing to 19.2e. Have you ever used that dish before?

You could try selecting 19.2e from the satellite list & doing a scan to see if you get a load of foreign channels to see if it is pointing to 19.2e.

I knew id forgotten to add something lol, its definitely using the LNB socket not the loop on the box.

Ive never used the dish before, it was here when we moved in. I have tried setting it to other sats (including 19.2e) and the signal stays at 44/10 (just on the antenna setup, havent done a full scan on it)

Back