Help.....before box goes out the window !

skronk

Hi all,

I have set up and maintained ....

Vu duo
Dreambox 800se
Venton hd2

All done same way, and all twin tuners. No problems

Xtrend 8500 doing my nut in. 2 cable tuners A&B, 2 sat tuners C&D. No cable source yet, so using sat. Prob is when I set a recording and want to watch other channel, box says tune failed ! Both sources C&D are working on their own. I have set it so D is equal to C, and also tuned both tuners independently by scanning, but fault persists. What am I doing wrong ?

Skronk

C and D

---------- Post Merged at 06:16 PM ----------

Had it set as not configured. Is that the same ? I have it off now and replaced with old box so mrs can watch her recordings later !

Yes the cable tuners should be set to "not configured"

Also make sure VM isn't set as one of your providers.

Sat tuners should set be set to simple and astra 28.2

The box should then switch automatically when recording

There is a guide here

Last edited:
What i have set up on my extrend ET8500 ,tuner A/B/C/D are set up as configuration mode simple i gave set all tuners to 28e / set voltage at 22 KHz yes and under that no
mode DiSEqC A/B/C/D

Just set tuner A/B as nothing connected

Bees,

No guide there !!! Surely if I have set up 3 other boxes, this should be the same. All Openvix with no cable tuners until now. Now looking for a strong rope and alcohol !

settings

Use auto bouquets and set it up as below and when set up just scan,also set tuners C/D in tuner tuner configuration to 28e

Attachments

• 2016-07-18 19.33.59.jpg
    2016-07-18 19.33.59.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
on my xtrend 10000 my cable tuners are A + B and sat are C + D.
diseqc setup means multiple feeds from one source which you dont have.

all tuners need setting up,if no feed then not figured,make sure you see correct tuner is cable or sat

Last edited:
tuner setup.jpg

first thing to note on rear of box look at tuners to see what they are then match the photo to setup.

Use auto bouquets and set it up as below and when set up just scan,also set tuners C/D in tuner tuner configuration to 28e
Do you mean autobouqetsmaker in openvix. Thats what i use.

---------- Post Merged at 09:11 AM ----------

first thing to note on rear of box look at tuners to see what they are then match the photo to setup.[/QUOTE]
Yes they match your pic

I fixed the link

The guide is also here

You should get a "time out / tuner lock" error when ABM is scanning for channels and nothing is connected to the tuner.

So if the cable tuners are set to "not configured" as mentioned it may be a coax / connection problem on one of the sat tuners.

So, set tuner A also to not configured and run a scan to see if tuner B is working ok.

Then set tuner A as normal and tuner B to not configured and see if you get the error.

You may just need to re cut the coax and attach the F connector again.

Also, does your server allow multi room ? as the box will be calling for two channels at the same time from the server.

Last edited:
Bees,

In dialogue with supplier. New tuner being dispatched. Swapped tuners and cables with same result.

Thanks

Back