Windows Vista Help Needed With Pc That Wont Power Up.

Thats unreal Gman how weird was that :loco:, well im off to buy a new psu any recommendations on a decent psu ? plus the kids are hogging my pc :cry: lol so the sooner i get one the better.

Corsair would be my number one choice but there are plenty of other good brands out there too.

You don't often see Corsair available at local level here so I normally get online.

If the PC is not doing anything too demanding you could pick up a reasonable cheep one in the likes of Maplin or PCWorld.

-

I'm sorry, but that's wrong.
Not enough could cause problems, too much isn't an issue.
So long as the PSU (at whatever wattage) is creating a steady supply of 3.3, 5 and 12 Volts, you won't damage anything.

sorry it was late let me correct that statement:

not enough can damage components, however, psu's generally do not function properly if they are too lightly loaded. Under no-load conditions they may shut down or malfunction.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Corsair would be my number one choice but there are plenty of other good brands out there too.

You don't often see Corsair available at local level here so I normally get online.

If the PC is not doing anything too demanding you could pick up a reasonable cheep one in the likes of Maplin or PCWorld.

-

agreed.

Just an update for all of you that
had helped me on this thread,well
i finally got around to replacing the
psu and now the pc is working fine
again so thanks again for all your help. (y)

fair play to you moh, it always gives me a great sense of satisfaction when i accomplish something like this.(y)

Back