Help please: JB PS3 firmware??

Hi everyone and first of all merry christmas, I have a ps3break dongle, a 1tb ex HDD which I was using on my ps3 then I decided I didnt want it anymore and decided to update the ps3 and format the ex HDD therefor wiping all data and games thinking they would never see light of day again, Now 4 month later my nephews get a ps3 on 3.41, so I told them they can have the dongle and hard drive and I would put them some games on:
Now the question is: what firmware do I need on the ex hdd for this to work, am I right in thinking that the only thing I need is backup manager and a games folder? also the hdd is formated to exFAT but I think it needs to be FAT32 but the only options I get is exFAT and NTFS
any help appreciated
Thank you and Happy new year

If you get Easus partition master you will be able to format to fat32,if you want you can also go to firmware 3.55 and then install kmeaw 3.55 and there will be no need for a dongle,i personally am on 3.41 and still use a dongle

Thanks Sinno, I will have to look into that. I thought the PS3 JB was something that got stuck at 3.41 and never really took off properly so I stopped following devolopment of it......How wrong was I :whacko: hahaha

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

A big thank you, the easeus partition manager worked a treat and really easy to use (y)

I'm using the kmeuw cfw 3.55 and all you need is a USB stick about 1-2 gb is fine.

Just get the 3.55 standard firmware and update via USB stick then install cfw 3.55 after that install multiman manager and you'll be playing games off your hdd in no time.

The whole process took me about 30 mins.

The games are burned faster on the internal hdd then external.

That sounds great, the process sounds easy enough, the only problem is when I updated not so long back its gone to 3.73. There is a process of downgrading though isnt there? im sure I read something about this using the ps3break key?? oh well more reading I suppose!! These are the things I enjoy, messing with gadgets until I figure it out lol thanks alot you guys (y)

More help needed: I downloaded a back up manager and stuck a few games on the hdd, 1 was an older game that played the others were newer games and came up with a message "UPDATE TO 3.73 TO PLAY THIS GAME" is there a program that I can put on the hdd to bypass such messages?
Im using a PS3BREAK V1.0, 1TB ExHDD and the firmware 3.41

Most of the newer games will not work unless it is specified they will,a lot of the newer games are working with the true blue dongle,it is only a matter of time to when this will be freely available,rebug does have a spoofer to 3.73 and even i think 4.0 but thyat still does'nt allow the playing of newer games

Thanks again sinno, So if I stick to older games it should be ok? I really wish I had not wiped this, I could have just handed it over with all the software and games on already :(silly me!!! Starting to think it might just be easier to buy a new bundle for the nephews lol

Uncharted 3 and Battelfield are working as well as some others,just check to see they have a fix

Thank you for all your help sinno I will have a look through the games an see what I can find for them
thumbs%20up.gif

Back