Help sought over missing teenager

joekingman

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Gardaí are seeking the public's assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 15-year-old Ann Walsh in Kilkenny.

607.jpg

Ann Walsh - Missing since 13 January

Ms Walsh, better known as 'Nan', has been missing from her home at Rockfield, Gowran, Co Kilkenny, since 13 January.

She was seen in the Ballyragget area of Kilkenny on 15 January and near the McDonagh Junction on 16 January at 12pm.

When last seen she was wearing black jeans, a grey hooded top with the word 'Kilkenny' written on the front and a pair of suede boots.

Anyone with information can contact Graiguenamanagh Garda Station on 059-9725750 or the Garda Confidential Line 1800-666111.

bad time of the year either running away from home as its too cold out there,hope people are not found in a ditch by foul means.

I don't think it's right to say she ran away considering you don't know the her...

Added after 9 minutes:

i meant don't know her.

Last edited:
this is the problem peachy, no-one knows what happened, years ago it would be presumed that sheran away after a row with parents, nowadays, you can't be too careful. Lets hope that it is the first, and she turns up safely

ye see thing is wheelo i actually know her..I'm not saying how over this for obvious reasons. That's why i said it :)

I have friends in your end of the country too, I know the whole community is bound to feel down until, please god she turns up safe, and i can guaruntee that neither i nor cacti were trying to infer anything, if you re-read cacti's post he says running away or turning up through means foul.
We all hope she turns up unharmed

alot of people go missing, found dead, never been found, it affects us all, look at joanna yates and the other woman who died on her honeymoon. the world has gone mad. hope she is found safe and sound

By the way Rocky thanks for the message of support earlier..Hope they find her soon too :) I'll tell my bf to pass it on to the rest of the family.

Please god she will be found safe and sound, none of us really knows what goes on in cases like this, we can just hope for the best :beg:

By the way Rocky thanks for the message of support earlier..Hope they find her soon too :) I'll tell my bf to pass it on to the rest of the family.

Please God she will turn up ok.

There are a lot of bad people out there and people should be careful about who they talk to.

A couple of years ago, me and my missus were at a function in a recreation hall in Artane, Dublin.

I was having a few beers as the missus was driving and doesn't drink.

At the end of the night we went out to the car park to get into the car and go home.

My missus opened the doors automatically and I got in.

She then turned around and went back into the hall to give her brother something.

Just when she got back to the car, another car pulled up in front of her blocking us in.

My missus was standing outside of the car at the time.

A guy jumped out of the car and asked her for her drivers licence and where she was going.
(He didn't see me in the passenger seat)

I got out of the car and asked him what was wrong.

He looked shocked to see me and began saying something about drinking and driving.

I asked him for ID and he said "get back in the car please"

I said I wasn't going anywhere and wanted to see some ID.

As I walked towards him he said his ID was in the car, I told him I was ringing the local Cop-Shop.

Then he said he would get his ID from his car, he went to the car got in and drove out of the car park and disappeared.

It was too dark to get his licence plate and there were no markings on his car.

When I got through to the local Police station, they asked me had I got a licence plate, I said no and they told me there was nothing they could do.

I said to the guy " there is someone impersonating a cop and you can do nothing."

I was getting a little agitated then and the copper told me to calm down or he would arrest me for being drunk and disordely.

They never even asked for a decription.

We drove to a few of the local pubs and checked the car parks to see if he was still but he was gone.

If any of you are ever approached by anybody claiming to be a cop,

Ask for ID ( if they are genuine they won't mind )

Have the number of your local police station stored in your phone and check that the guy is legit.

DO NOT go with anyone if things don't seem as they are.

Delighted shes home safely Peachy thanks for letting us know, a good end to something at last ;)

Back