him all im new here, looking for some info on zgemma star!

paddyh

wondering if i have bricked my box or not!! i tryed flashing it as the box wouldnt boot. (dont no why) so i tried flashing it and it was coming up on the front panel boot/flsh for about 20 mins so i just turned the box off and now its not doing anything, no info on front panel. im thinking of geting another flash file from here an d trying to reflash it?? or any ideas?? thanks ps im paddy nice to meet you al!!

This section is for introductions only. Being as it is Sunday and I am feeling generous, I have moved it to the correct section. lol
Welcome to TechKings. We hope you find the assistance you require.

PS - You didn't mention which one you had, so if this is not the correct section, send me a PM and I will move it.

Last edited:
wondering if i have bricked my box or not!! i tryed flashing it as the box wouldnt boot. (dont no why) so i tried flashing it and it was coming up on the front panel boot/flsh for about 20 mins so i just turned the box off and now its not doing anything, no info on front panel. im thinking of geting another flash file from here an d trying to reflash it?? or any ideas?? thanks ps im paddy nice to meet you al!!
Hi paddy, try sucmnsee's 165 vix image.

Hi paddy, try sucmnsee's 165 vix image.

yes thanks you have moved it to the right section

yes i have tried sucmnsees vix image but the box just doesnt seem to be responding...
i have also sucessfuly flashed sucmnsees vix image onto another zgemma star 2s box and its working away no problems. so its not a usb or bad flash file problem just to rule that out! any more suggestions!!?? thanks

Is there any lights on the box? Have you tried or can you access factory reset?

just a red led light on it as if it were in standby, the box doesnt boot up so cant access factory reset (or is there another way it access it)

How about formatting USB and downloading the image again and then try to flash

iv tried again no luck. fresh download even tried different images nothing works. looks lke i got a fancy paper weight!

Try formatting your USB with a low level format tool like HDD guru Then do a full windows format (not quick). Then reload with image and try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you got a different USB pen you could try? Make sure it's just the 165 vix image your using and not a back up of another as the file maybe to big.

i formated the usb with hdd and windows full, then downloaded a fresh openatv file and still no luck nothing happens at all. pretty sad!!

When putting USB in make sure back power button is switched off When powering on the back button keep the front left button pressed for about 10 secs and see if it flashes. Does the box read the USB check with computer to see if it reads file you should have other folders like time shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also make sure in hddguru u untick quick and in windows untick quick. This is usually reason doesnt work.

nothings seems to work, the person i bought the box of has agreed to take it back so no worries and thanks everyone for their help

Back