Holidaymaker is seriously injured after being stranded upside down on Skegness fair..

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
Holidaymaker is seriously injured after being stranded upside down on Skegness fair ride

A woman suffered life-threatening head injuries this afternoon after she and 22 other riders were involved on an accident on a fairground ride in Skegness.

The woman was on the 'Surf Rider' ride at the Grand Parade in the Lincolnshire town when the ride suffered a malfunction, with one of its cars striking the ground

Four fire crews were called to help rescue the passengers, who had to be removed one by one by officers.

64.jpg

A fire brigade spokesman said that officers from Skegness, Spilsby and Wainfleet also used a hydraulic platform and ropes to remove adults and children on the ride.

A spokesman for the East Midlands Ambulance Service added that the injured woman had been taken to Boston's Pilgrim Hospital.

The 'Surf Rider' is one of the park's main ride and is meant to remain constantly in a horizontal position as it swings the users through 360 degrees.

I hate those fairground rides. Hopefully everyone will recover fully, especially the badly injured woman with the head injuries.

In my opinion, these things are put together with a timeline in mind, not necessarily safety, never really was a fan, but as noel says, lets hope the injured make a full recovery.

Not really a fan of these rides either. Anything which involes being upside down and not having an absolute clue what is going in is no ride in my book. (Excluding various roller coasters). I hope the woman has a speedy recovery.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Back