Hotmail Problem

jimlan

Hi, I have a Hotmail Problem, can't open mail, or delete, looked on net, and found a few thing's, but no luck, any idea?.

thanks

Jimlan, i'm sorry but so far I don't think we have enough information to help much.

Let's start with some of the very basic stuff.
1. What browser are you using? Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc?

2. Have you tried clearing cookies and temp data then re-opening your browser?

Hi, Firefox, Vista.

have not done temp data, was advised not to delete all cookies, but if you can tell me the best way to do this, I will give that a shot, any advice welcome

Delete all Cookies on Firefox
To delete all cookies stored on your computer:

At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, go over to the History menu (click on the Tools menu in Windows XP) and select Clear Recent History....
Set Time range to clear to Everything.
Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
Select Cookies and make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected.

ab963d736461b221f497eb33a7f09b1a-1260044801-604-2.png

Click Clear Now to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window.

Do the same as above but this time go ahead a check everything and not just "cookies"

Hi, just tryed this, but did not work, any other idea's?

cheers

can you explain in more detail what it is you cant do. ie can you get on the hotmail page and see emails or can you not sign in?. have you tried another browser.
The more info you share on what it is your trying to do the better people can try and help. Its very difficult when you just say

I have a Hotmail Problem, can't open mail, or delete,

Hi, yes can get in, see mail, but can't open, or delete, works with other browsers, and phone, but not with firefox, as said, did as above, and worked for a time, but, not now, hope this makes sence.

cheers

have you updated ff at all? what version you running? if you have done all of the above and it now still doesnt work, then maybe one of the lads can help you further,strange if you can see emails but cannot open or delete!
Have you done a virus or maleware bytes check to make sure you dont have any nasties on your computer

Are you running any add-ons with firefox? Adblock or Noscript? Or anything similar?

Try updating foxit reader to version 5.1.1.0606, older versions cause problems with Hotmail.

Code:
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/thanks.php?product=Foxit-Reader&platform=Windows&referer=ReaderPage

Good luck and hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foxit reader is a PDF reader as opposed to the bloated adobe reader. If you don't know what it is, it is probably not on your machine and not the issue. Have you tried disabling all add-ons?

you tried going to
Code:
  https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&ct=1343811602&rver=6.1.6206.0&sa=1&ntprob=-1&wp=MBI_SSL_SHARED&wreply=https:%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2F%3Fowa%3D1%26owasuffix%3Dowa%252f&id=64855&snsc=1&cbcxt=mail
and entering your hotmail ID and password - the hotmail is being changed to outlook now - try that and see if it helps in anyway. ???

Last edited by a moderator:
so,this problem only happens on firefox? what version are you running and have you tried uninstalling ff and reinstalling?

Are you running AVG anti-virus? I've read a few threads and people are having the same problem you are after updating to the latest version of AVG.
If you are running AVG try this and see if it helps

Open AVG
Click on the Tools Tab
Choose Advanced Settings Apperance on the Left
at the bottom of the page click the box that ENABLES game mode
Save changes or apply which ever it says.

THen...

On the main page of AVG double click the Firewall icon.
ENABLE game mode and save the changes.

Also download a program called "malwarebytes" and let it scan for malware, you may have malware in your registry that may cause the problem you are having.

going on what J3v4d said i checked out outlook.com - try that as my account with live came up automatically - i was already logged in

Back