How do I split sky signal/cable

Scenario:

Sky dish is 10+ years old with 1 feed which sits outside room A. The cable comes from the dish, into room A and across into room B where the current Sky box sits. The Sky box only has 1 feed.

I wish to install a new Sky box into room A which will also only take one feed. Can I simply use a T splitter on the existing cable to do this or, due to the method in which the signal works, do I need to purchase an additional piece of hardware to allow this, or, do I need to get a separate feed from the dish (if possible) to supply a new Sky box in room A ?

Thanks for any input :)

JimmyD

Don't split it as it can cause problems. See if your LNB can take another coax cable, if not, you'll need to buy one that takes as many cables as you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will need a new lnb with more ports if you don't have any spare on the existing lnb, some thing like a quad. Due to the age of the dish it may also pay to upgrade that too.

For the price of a new lnb you might as well fit a new dish for its age a new dish with a quad lnb will cost you about £30ish then £30ish for someone to fit and align if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself you can get signal finders for £10 if you want to do it your self

agree get it done correctly to avoid issues later,think ahead if you want feeds elsewhere will you have enough even an octo lnb 8 feeds.

Back