How do you install the kryptview Bin

aha i just checked my history if what i bought was null or RS232. Unfortunatly it was RS232 so i just bought Cross Wired Serial/Null Modem Cable DB9 F/F. So i hope that is the one finger crossed. I really aprecaite your help guys i would not have done it without you. thanks

Excellent that you've got it sorted. Yes unfortunately they are that similar it's easy to get them mixed up.
Hopefully that should be your issues all sorted, need any further help do shout.

Meron,

You should be ok to get your box flashed now, post back and let us know
if you have any more problems. If you get it up and running post back
anyway to let us know, that way anyone else reading this thread will know
how to get around similar problems (y)

hi guys my null cable has just arrived but i am sad to say i am still geting "the dowloading not requested" message. i wonder does the usb cable (adabter) need to be compatibel with the null cable or ca use any as long as it fits the null cable?

usb cable..? Dont quote me on this but i am sure if your using null modem cable 9 pin to 9 pin you dont need usb method as they need drivers or something like that to make it work..! I am sure one of the seniors here will help you out.. just give as much info as possible..

usb cable..? Dont quote me on this but i am sure if your using null modem cable 9 pin to 9 pin you dont need usb method as they need drivers or something like that to make it work..! I am sure one of the seniors here will help you out.. just give as much info as possible..

I am refereing to the usb adapeter discribed on the sticky information. i am just gussing i dont know if that is the issue why box is not flashing

Read through post 15 again, plug the usb adapter (with or without your null modem
cable attatched) in any USB port on your computer.

Check in the Printers / devices section and make sure it appears.
if you can't see it, the prolific driver is not installed properly. It is here

You should see, devices - printers and faxes - under that you should have "unspecified"
This catagory only pops up if the driver for the lead is correctly installed.

If you can see it check the port settings incase it's lost the 115200 setting.

Make sure your comm port on the loader program matches the comm port the lead is plugged into.

Last edited:
Meron, i think there are two methods for loading firmware... 9 pin to 9 pin with null modem cable(it is critical its a null modem and not RS232.. no laughing you lot...!!) for us elderly users with old skool laptops and desktops..!! Or our younger viewers who use the usb method... The usb method is for those who know their way around drivers and files etc..etc... so take your pick but the 9 pin method i found easier... so you can tell i am one of the elderly ones...!! Either way you will get there.. The tutorials will put you straight..

Back