How do YOU organizer your channels, groups, playlist etc?

7upchupp

Apologies if this may have already been discussed before, but I've recently set myself up with tivimate and am looking for some inspiration on how to order my groups and channels

I've currently got it laid out something like this, using 3 different playlists edited in iptveditor:

UK
- General
- Sports
- Movies
- News
- Music
- Kids

USA
- General
- Local
- Sports
- Movies
- News
- Music
- Kids

Italy
- General
- Sports
- Movies

Just make a favourite group.
Spend an hour going through each interested bouquet and add the channel to the favourite group. That way all the channels are in simple group and you just need to scroll up or down in that group.

Then I just made a logical order of channels inside that favourite group. So sports, then movies, then news etc.

The whole point of a editor is to lay it out how you like. Most as mentioned just create a favourites group.

With most apps you probably don't need a editor just hide groups you don't want.

with some apps you can hide the channel aswell.

I've gone similar to the Sly layout; more for the benefit of (less tech-savvy) others in my household. USA channels and then sports leagues etc after that.

Everything setup via IPTVBoss just because I find it the most powerful solution for what I require, and the scheduled EPG syncing is a godsend to keep the EPG updated.

Nonetheless, I do have a Favourites group setup which my family spend 95% of our time in as easier to jump around channels that way.

never bothered organising any groups or channels.

resembles my life in all honesty, i sometimes wonder how i've managed so far :unsure:

There is a website called xtream-editor check it out, it’s cheap for the year and you import your line, you can configure your playlist EPGs etc, and then you use the generated M3U etc in your app, basically it’s middleware.

There is a website called xtream-editor check it out, it’s cheap for the year and you import your line, you can configure your playlist EPGs etc, and then you use the generated M3U etc in your app, basically it’s middleware.
xtream editor I have tried that a few times over the years just trials though but personally it does not come close to iptveditor and with xeev when i did try it i did not like the fact i was tied to using their player (perhaps ignorance in my case)

xtream editor I have tried that a few times over the years just trials though but personally it does not come close to iptveditor and with xeev when i did try it i did not like the fact i was tied to using their player (perhaps ignorance in my case)
All three options are good xtream-editor is much better these days & for what your able to do it’s fairly decent price

Group channels in bouquets that mirror SLY UK numbering ie BBC1 = 101, Sky Atalanta = 108 etc, using echannizer. Others (SLY IT. DE) more or less follow the same.

I've gone similar to the Sly layout; more for the benefit of (less tech-savvy) others in my household. USA channels and then sports leagues etc after that.

Everything setup via IPTVBoss just because I find it the most powerful solution for what I require, and the scheduled EPG syncing is a godsend to keep the EPG updated.

Nonetheless, I do have a Favourites group setup which my family spend 95% of our time in as easier to jump around channels that way.
Another vote for IPTVBoss. I tend to group UK Sports, USA Sports and Australian Sports. Then work my way down with documentaries etc

I have set up bouquets as: Sat TV, Terrestrial TV and IPTV

In the Sat and Terrestial TV bouquets I have the channels in the order of those shown in "whats on TV Mag"

I save the settings via DreamboxEdit to my PC and When I load different Images for testing etc I just have to reload the settings to the new image.

I find the channel numbering a nuisance so keep away from it.

Back