How to get new version of ccam on box

COYBIG!

Ok so im on ccam version 2.3.0 on zgemma h.2s and was told to update it to 2.1.4. I got the file downloaded and onto filezilla and transferred and could see it on the box and installed and all restarted. but when i go back in to softcam its still 2.3.0?

Sorry about that but my line provider told me to switch to that version saying its alot more stable how do i go about that

its not like 2.3.0 is just out, everyone uses 2.3.0 so if you have problems sounds like hes just putting the blame on this

Like waldo is trying to say 2.3.0 is the lastest and the version most people use, you will see no difference switching to 2.1.4. If your on open atv you need to go to softcam manager and on cam 1 push the left or right buttons on the remote and it should show any other softcam you have installed then start it.

I use vix and if it's not showing in softcams then it hasn't installed properly, have a look in plugins/remove plugins/softcams and see if it's showing in there, if it is try removing it and installing again.

I placed ccam in the usr keys folder and on the box its showing up ccam info but there is nothing in softcam manager?

---------- Post Merged at 01:00 PM ----------

then rebooted and its gone again?

If you was using cccam 2.3.0 then the config file where your line details are would already be in usr/keys, the file your provider sent you should be an ipk file to install the actual softcam on your box, this goes in var/volatile/tmp folder, then on your box go to setup/vix/ipkg-install and it should be in there then press green to install.

I downloaded it and placed it in the volatile folder and went to ipkg install and it was there and installed it and the box restarted and i went back into softcam manager but its still empty?

Don't know then mate, which version of vix are you on? Maybe newer images don't work with this version of cccam, I looked in plugins download and it's the only version not on there, Either way I still think your wasting your time as you will see no difference.

yeh i know there practiacally the same but i need it anyway like cuase 2.3.0 isnt there anymore. were do i find the version of vix im using? really appreciate the help btw

Information/about then press info on that screen and it should tell you the build number. Have you still got cccam 2.3.0 installed?

Ok look in plugins press red to remove plugins and then scroll down to softcams and Press ok is there anything in there?

Ok delete it and the go back and press green to download plugins and scroll to softcams and re-add cccam 2.3.0.

Sorry your starting to confuse me now! If you've done that cccam 2.3.0 should now be in setup/softcam/ci.
After all what is the actual reason for wanting cccam 2.1.4 have you been having freezing problems or are you trying to add your line?

Back