How to play Wave 4 Games without updating. Activate.iso

siggy

xtreme1.6-xbox-360-decals.gif

With all of this WAVE 4 talk, I thought I would post a tutorial on how to play Wave 4 games. Because it seems like no one really understands what is going on.

What exactly is Wave 4?
In my opinion I would not call what is going on right now "Wave 4", Its sort of like Wave 3.1. Cars Race o Rama seems to be the first Xbox 360 game with the 'Wave 4'. Basically, Wave 4 is Wave 3 with the new 8498 NXE update. Since iXtreme v1.6 checks the video partition CRC (for security) to only boot Wave1/2/3, it will not be able to boot the new Wave4 discs although firmware 1.51 will.

What are the solutions?
1.Downgrade your firmware to iXtreme 1.51
2.Use this activate.iso/0800 method to boot your discs

What is activate.iso?
Activate.iso is designed to enable One-shot boot mode for the iXtreme 1.6 firmware. One-shot boot mode allows you to boot your unstealthed, modified or "Hybrid" backups without any strict stealth checks. This method is also called 0800.

F.A.Q.'s?
What games are Wave 4?
Cars Race-O-Rama, Lips number 1 Hits are the only Wave 4 games ATM.

Do you have to put the activate.iso disc in everytime before inserting the Wave 4 game?
As of right now yes this is the only possible way.

Will another firmware come out so you dont even have to use this process?
Probably in the future but we dont know when.

Downloads:

Activateiso.rar

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XATGHI3J
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/293535068/activateiso.rar
Tutorial:

1: You need your Activate.iso file above.

2: Once you have the activate.iso file, you want to drag and drop or save it to your desktop.

3: Insert a DVD+R DL into your DVD burner.

4: Now open up Activate.iso with any burning software you use. (I.E. Imgburn, Clonecd, etc...)

5: Now in your burning program go into your write setting tab and make sure your layerbreak is set to the Calculate Optimal setting. Also check your booktype for DVD+R DL and make sure its on the DVD-ROM setting and that your write speed is at 2.4x.

6: Start Burn!

7: As soon as the burn starts a message will pop saying, ?that the image is small enough for a regular DVD R, do you want to continue anyway??
*(You want to choose yes because burned to a regular DVDR the Activate.iso wont work!!!)

8: Next another message will pop saying, Even though the image is small enough to fit into one layer its best to write in both layers, do you want to go away from the normal and write in only one layer?? (Now I want to stress READ THIS MESSAGE CAREFULLY!!!!)

Choosing "Yes" will cause all data to be written into the first layer.

Choosing "No" will cause data to be writing into both layers.

CHOOSE YES!!

9: It will burn then finish?

10: Insert the Activate.iso disk into your xbox 360. It will read for a little longer than usual then finally it will say "Play DVD". Press "A" on your controller and a video should pop saying

11: Now just eject the Activate.iso disk and insert your unstealthed, modified or Hybrid disk and it will load!!!

This tutorial were taken from other sites,credit goes to them.

Nice tut Siggy, just a reminder, external hyperlinks should be put in CODE, this can be done by clicking on the following icon when posting a message:
2afbewh.jpg

Back