How to use timers and series link

pramone

Hi having a lot of issues recording and series link on the h2s .. it seems to only let you record once per channel ,for example i tried recording the darts the other day before going to work but it would only allow me to record it once and would not record the evening and night time dart sessions,same goes for series link,it will only allow for example corrie to be recorded at one time slot even if you edit days times etc in autotimers..

Here is what I give to friends that I set boxes up for, it should help. They are based on a Zgemma h2s running Wooshbuild

Recording TV

There are a number of methods to record TV

1. To record current show being watched press record button on remote (red circle) andhighlight desired option by pressing the respective number on remote

2. Press the EPG button on your remote to get the TV guide up, browse the channels andsee what is showing, use up and down buttons to browse up and down channel list and use the left and right buttons to see what is on at another time, use the <PREV and NEXT> keys on remote (near the0) to change current bouquet or channel category, highlight the show you wish to record and press the record button on the remote. Fromthe sub menu select ‘Record’ to record the show once, or select‘Record Series’ to record the whole series (series link). (Note record series will only record episodes on the day of the week that you have selected so no good for soaps)

3. To record a series(series link) that is on different days during the week such as the soaps, press the EPG button on your remote to get the TV guide up,browse the channels and see what is showing, use up and down buttons to browse up and down channel list and use the left and right buttons to see what is on at another time, use the <PREV and NEXT> keys on remote (near the 0) to change current bouquet or channel group,highlight the show you wish to record and now press the red button on remote. From the sub menu select the Record series option. Now you have options you can change:
Match title :normally this doesn’t need changing as it is the name of the show
Exact match : againfor normal series recordings leave this checked
Match Timespans : if the show is normally on at the same time of day then leave this, butif the time it starts varies outside of the suggested timespan thenuncheck this by highlighting with arrow keys and then pressing OKbutton
Only on Weekday: Ifyou are recording a soap that is on two or three times a week thenuncheck this, by highlighting with arrow keys and pressing OK button
Only on service: thisshould need changing
Now press the Green button on your remote, You will now be presented with another screen of options, these shouldn’t need changing so just press the Green button on your remote again.
Now press Exit button on your remote, you may see an information message telling you how many planned recordings there now are.

Viewing and editing Timers and Series links

To see a list of currently planned recordings press either the ‘Timer’ button on your remote. You can use the up and down arrows on your remote to scroll up and down the list. To delete a planned recording highlight the recording in question and press the red button. Note this does NOT delete a series link, just the one recording you have selected.Press exit button on remote to return to tv.

To view your series links, Press the MENU button on your remote and using the up and down arrows highlight Timers and then press OK. On the next screen scroll down to Auto Timers and press OK. You can now see a list of your series links, highlight the series link you are interested in, to delete the series link press the yellow button on your remote, you are then given 3 options, press 1 on your remote to delete the series link including any planned recordings totally, pressing 2 will keep the existing timers in place but will cancel the series link after they have completed. Select the option you want to take and then once back on the AutoTimer list press the Green button to save the changes. Then press exit to return to tv.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to explain this ,much appreciated.I pretty much already knew most of this except for the Match timespan bit,which is/was most likely causing my troubles,will give it a try anyway..thanks again..Happy christmas..

Back