Hub 4 vpn Help !

Kopnut

Hi All, hope I've posted in right section but if not, apologies beforehand. I have a 2 tvip605 iptv boxes and I have been told that I am unable to load a vpn onto them if this the case then I need to load a vpn onto my vm hub 4 router but alas , with these routers being so locked down I'm having to go down the route of turning the hub 4 into modem mode and purchase a vpn enabled router. This is where I require your help peeps !, 64k dollar question ??.... without knowing , which router/s favours this task in hand ?, I have the gl- inet "mango" but the speeds leave a lot to be desired.... any help would be much appreciated 🙏 👍, thanks in advance for those who read this.

I've got an asus router running merlin firmware. Model Gt - AC 2900.
Few lads on here a similar setup but better routers. You can load vpn onto them. Easier to just get top end fire sticks and load vpn onto them. Less hassle.... Paul

Hi All, hope I've posted in right section but if not, apologies beforehand. I have a 2 tvip605 iptv boxes and I have been told that I am unable to load a vpn onto them if this the case then I need to load a vpn onto my vm hub 4 router but alas , with these routers being so locked down I'm having to go down the route of turning the hub 4 into modem mode and purchase a vpn enabled router. This is where I require your help peeps !, 64k dollar question ??.... without knowing , which router/s favours this task in hand ?, I have the gl- inet "mango" but the speeds leave a lot to be desired.... any help would be much appreciated 🙏 👍, thanks in advance for those who read this.
Exactly cheaper getting other android devices

Yes as been mentioned Asus router would be your best option...I have the RT-AX86S and can't recommend it enough with the wifi6. But to be honest a cheaper ASUS of the bay will do the job if you don't want to spend much..The Gli-net is a more a travel router and won't give the same speeds

You could also go with a Draytek router, but you will need to ensure your VPN provider support the PPTP protocol some VPN providers have phased it out by now. I have a Draytek router running with NordVPN, then I used PBR to send only the device I need down the tunnel, that way all other device are going direct, and then the other device i don’t need to connect manually to the VPN Everytime.

You could also go with a Draytek router, but you will need to ensure your VPN provider support the PPTP protocol some VPN providers have phased it out by now. I have a Draytek router running with NordVPN, then I used PBR to send only the device I need down the tunnel, that way all other device are going direct, and then the other device i don’t need to connect manually to the VPN Everytime.
If you want an help gimme a shout 👍

Yes as been mentioned Asus router would be your best option...I have the RT-AX86S and can't recommend it enough with the wifi6. But to be honest a cheaper ASUS of the bay will do the job if you don't want to spend much..The Gli-net is a more a travel router and won't give the same speeds
Do you notice the wifi speed difference on WiFi 6?

Do you notice the wifi speed difference on WiFi 6?
Yeah I would say I do but the only WiFi 6 devices I have is the mobile phones lol...however it does allow more devices to be connected and better for kids PS5 eg gaming...if only a small price diff then I would opt for WiFi 6 router...

Last edited:
Yeah I would say I do but the only WiFi 6 devices I have is the mobile phones lol...however it does allow more devices to be connected and better for kids PS5 eg gaming...if only a small price diff then I would opt for WiFi 6 router...
Exactly only benefit if you have wifi 6 devices and most devices in home are not usually only a few.

Back