If a line is not multiroom and you enter it onto another box, will the line ban?

Just ask your provider. A lot are for 2 boxes but if he has specified 1 box only I wouldn't risk getting the line cut off.

Probably. Especially if you are using the second box from another property. Check with the guy who runs the server...

Check with your provider,If you use the line on 2 boxes and its not multiroom then it will just start freezing on both boxes,Nearly all multiroom lines are on cashe servers and not using real cards

As I understand it, if you have a standard twin line you can use it on two boxes provided all you are doing is watching on both. If you started recording a different channel on either box, you would be asking for three feeds which wouldn't be allowed. You could of course disable one tuner on each box and use them as single tuner units only. Maybe, possibly? Give it a try and let us know lol

As I understand it, if you have a standard twin line you can use it on two boxes provided all you are doing is watching on both. If you started recording a different channel on either box, you would be asking for three feeds which wouldn't be allowed. You could of course disable one tuner on each box and use them as single tuner units only. Maybe, possibly? Give it a try and let us know lol
Its not the case,Each box has its own ip number and if the server picks up on 2 ips and the provider sees it then they can well kill the line,Just check with the provider and you will be fine

Each box has its own ip but a server wouldn't see that he'll only see the external (router) ip address not the boxes it's the emc request they would see. I would contact your provider and tell them you only have one tuner per box and if it would be ok to use the same line on each box. For the money your saving it wouldn't really matter if you need to buy another line

And your provider will know if 2 boxes are connected by the amount of ecm requests being recieved simultaneosly by both boxes
[h=3][/h]

Back