if you are not picking up all the channels is it a poor coaxial / splitter feed?

Yes you could be right, I would go with cactikids advise
and try it in a mates if you can, that eliminates a fault on the box.

Otherwise try reflashing the box, recut the coax and put on the f connector again
on your feed in. If that doesn't sort it, it is pointing to a problem upstream to you.

(Ha Ha !! When I read post 3 I thought you meant you had an A750 box.)

i will try it somehwhere else..
do you think it could be the f connector going into the kyrptview box or the one in the wall?

i have tried different cables i had (the internet router) connected to the kv box and its still the same and i have also used these shorter wires connected to the main point (wall / direct feed) for a connection and its still the same..

so i dont think its the cables? it could be the connection panel on the wall thats the problem...it seems to be a bit loose and its fitted in properly.so i will have to unscrew the covering etc to get behind it.

but what i dont understand if there was a loose connection would i even be getting the channels i am getting now?

reflashing maybe the next option...even though its a a780 with the latest firmware? i can flash again right. i will have to do the usb connection as i dont have the computer with the port.

your signal and quality readings need to be in the 80%,if down below70% i would expect problems of channel below par to see it as a tv channel,dont think its time for other reflash,try m8s first before anything else as its easier on the brain.;)
garden hose laid out straight water flows freely,put a kink or 2 in the hose=dribblerROFL

Last edited:
when i go to automatic search , telewest, tp search

signal strengh quality is 56
reading for signal quality is 0

but when i do an automatic scan picking up the net id, birminngham 750, the signal bar goes to 80 and back down again and fluctuates between 80 and lower...

i will have to find someone with a virgin feed to try the box..

i will have to find someone with a virgin feed to try the box..

Thats the best thing to do wakkaday and depending on the results, will determine your next step. A fluctuation on signal strength is normal as long as it does not fluctuate too much.

jodav :)

ok strange i did a scan and i have all the channels again, but i get turning up on some of the channels "no or bad signal" error, occasionally the channel works... is this a cable issue??

but i get turning up on some of the channels "no or bad signal" error

Yes wakkaday, this is usualy a coaxial cable problem. Everything seems at present seems to point to a bad connection somewhere on your feed line.
Its looking likely you have a bad termination somewhere but if you could try your box elswhere using the same splitter and short coaxial cables it would help home in on the root cause of the problem. once everything bar the main cable feed is eliminated you could then try and reterminate but it is best to eliminate everything else first round a friends house.

jodav :)

hmm...this morning all the channels were working fine, but now some are a giving me "scrambled or no video" error...

It was suggest to you weeks ago to change the splitter and cables,try ebay for a good splitter and ready-made cables. After all the messing about the box has had there is also a good chance of loose connections inside the box,also change the ethernet cable.

Back