I'm a newb to this whole sky box f5, anyone willing to help and answer question

John Mann

I was going to buy a sky box f5 the other day and i'm unsure of a lot of things so i didn't get it straight off the bat. I asked the guy on ebay to give me some info on it but because he can only give me
specific details its hard for him to explain anything about the box other than the fact hes selling one. First off what i wanted to ask you was when i buy a box do i have to buy a premium server to get it running?, i am willing to pay anything between £60-70 for a years worth of all channels. Also there is a thing called a 'gift' i'm assuming this is sort of like a membership subscription that you can buy off people? but can often rely on trust. Should i buy a premium membership CCAM?, and if so how would i go about doing that?, could i just type in CCAM on google and click on the website and buy 12 months for 80 odd euro's?. Another thing i wanted to ask was what is a cline?, sorry for all the questions i'm just new to this and i seen your tut and thought you could help me out. And one last thing i have heard you need a sky satellite to run all channels, well i don't have sky BUT i used to and i still have the Ariel on my roof, just using the standard sky box for digital channels now as we no longer have sky anymore.

You need a box, a sat dish, internet connection from router to box
and a "gift" which means its a box with the (C Line or Nline pre loaded)

I would buy a box on it's own and put a line in from a "recommended" server.
or you might end up in this situation here

Post a request here
and somebody will PM you details on a line.

Re read the tutorial, post 10 explains how to enter a line.

Post back if you get stuck !!

Accidentally said 'And i still have the ariel on my roof' I meant satellite dish lol. And how can i ensure that i get a 12 month gift, as you stated in the post you have linked me to its hard to find someone that doesn't try to substitute the gift with a crappy server or to cut you off mid way through what you paid for.

Post a request in the next link, somebody will
send you some details by PM (private message)

First,take out a short line until you know you are happy
with the service.

I take out three month lines and extend them
as I go rather than 12 month ones, bit more expensive
but not by much.

Alright thank you for the advice, do they send me server information or something once i purchase off them?, also how do i know if they are trusted or not?. And i'm after sports channels, Boxnation, Primetime PPV and hbo are the ones i'd love to have the most. Kids channels, nickelodeon etc, standard sky channels, sky 1, 2 etc.

---------- Post Merged at 09:52 PM ----------

Also if you look at this thread again could you help me find a channel list for full sly uk 3D/HD

You will get all them channels you've mentioned.
Once you've paid then they will send you a file over and/or details to enter.
You need to read around to see if they are trusted or not or go by the advice of others...nothings for certain with these but thats why your best asking for a test off a few people first and see what the servers like that you are going to use.

HI all

I too am also new to the Skybox F5, can you use any memory stick to record and what size would you recommend?

Thanks

they have to be formatted to fat32 and a fair size memory as whatever you record will be quite a large file..... im using a 32G one and got it set for 5mins time shift and then the rest for recording... but to be be honest it hardly ever records anything when i set it too... theure quite hit and miss like that.

Hi i need to buy a box but unsure which ones are the best i know of the skyf5s and amiko boxes which would i be better buying or dose it just come down to the quilty of the server they are on

Hi i need to buy a box but unsure which ones are the best i know of the skyf5s and amiko boxes which would i be better buying or dose it just come down to the quilty of the server they are on

amiko is better then skyf5s for watching channels through cardsharing yes quality of server depends which you using.

amiko is better then skyf5s for watching channels through cardsharing yes quality of server depends which you using.

Which box should i get amiko micro hd or amiko shd-8140. Thanks

If you can afford £75+ you will be much happier with an enigma 2 box that does internet tv and recording etc much better. Unless its only for occasional viewing. Have a look round world of sat and see the type of thing. Much much better imho

Cloud ibox 2+
Gi xpeed lx
Max digital 1000
Octagon sf8
Miracle box
Vu range. Are just some of them. Id say buy best you can afford

Last edited:
Back