Image update

Doco

Hi folks,

I'm looking for help with Zgemma h2s.

I have VIX on it. Version 3.2; Build 037; Kernel 4.0.1; Python 2.7.9

I'm looking to update the version I have. My friend has the same box and I would be looking to update to the same as his. He has Version 5.2; Build 0; Kernel 4.0.1; Python 2.7.11

Has anyone any help as to how I would go about this?

Thanks

He won't have vix if he's on 5.2 that sounds like openatv if you want to update either flash scumnsees he has a link for vix 4.0 in the last couple of pages in his thread or use wooshmans openatv build

_20160410_174409.jpg
that's a picture of what he has. The main reason I'm looking to update is that he has all HD swap in his channels whereas I have the same settings and it doesn't do the BT and Setanta sports etc. His version of ABM is newer also so I'm looking to update that aswell.
I only bought the box recently so I'm a relative newbie, I updated the skin throught Filezilla so I'm finding my way around it gradually.

Try this.
Ask your mate to do a full backup of his image
Put it onto a USB stick and flash it onto your box
Before you connect to the internet, swap your mates line details for yours.
you will then have the same setup as your mate.

Kieron

get him to press info on that screen that will say what build hes on menu,setup, vix imagemanger green to create backup once done power down box and place his usb/hard drive in your box then in image manager press blue to restore then change line details via ftp

Yeah pressed info, he's on Openvix 003.
Right just to be clear before I start, sorry for being a pest as I don't want to mess it up.
Can you help to fill in the gaps, ie copy my line details and when and where the internet should be connected as the poster above said "before I connect", does it not have to be connected to use FTP

1. USB in his box. Menu-Setup-Vix-Imagemanager-Green button to create backup
2. Put his USB in mine, in image manager press blue to restore
3. Change my line details via FTP

Thanks

look for your cccam.cfg or newcamd.list file depending on which protocol your lines uses.
it will be either the etc/ folder (cccam) or usr/keys/ (newcamd).
right click and edit the file. swap your mates line with yours.
restart your box and connect to your network

Kieron

Back