in desperate need of help :D

D3LBOY

Had a cloud ibox 2 plus - sat there doing nothing since july so today i was like sod it let's get it setup 3 hours plenty of tears later i have got absolutely no where lol

is there an idiots guide for setting these boxes up

i no the box in genuine (checked that and got that part done at least)

but no matter what file i put on my usb all i get is either the box saying BOOT on the front and it showing on the tv saying cloud ibox plus 2 and some colours & swirls above but that's it i have got no where past this

i tried a 4 gig memory stick and a 16 gb both the same

i tried the files from the following links i even tried renaming them as mentioned somewhere on this site as i may have an old bootloader but still nothing always boots to the same screen

05/08/14 bootloader for air ddt cloud ibox 2+ - Downloads - TechKings
Vix Apollo 041 01/10/2014 Cloud ibox 2+ safe mgcam - Downloads - TechKings

could it be the usb sticks i see some say the size etc don't matter other say must be a certain size or brand etc

i am at the point now where i will sell it and but a pre-setup one haha i was to cocky thinking i did an f5 and dreambox easy so this would be to hard boy was i wrong

Yes id say usb if nothings flashing for you. Sandisk not good in my experience.
You can download a free low level format tool on pc and use it to FULL format. Then normal pc FULL format then try again. This sometimes fixs usbs

is there a certain brand that i should be looking for, does it matter that the usbs are working fine on everything else ie f5s pc etc, is it just this box that's picky :)

cheers mate, anything else i can try while i wait or this to arrive is there a set firmware or bootloader i should try 1st am i right in thinking i must rename the bootloader/firmware folder name ?

Rather than waiting you could try the low level format. Feels goooooood when ya beat da bastids lol lol

haha yea mate just downloading the software, it came close to being kicked around the room, i hate not being able to do something it's the male pride no way am i letting a box beat me :grin: will try the format then try the new stick last resort i will kick seven shades of shite out of the box :grin:

lol these take a bitta work. But with this kinda thing you either pay more for a box or work more for the box lol

Just want to check i am doing this right, as i tested it again today with my 16gb lexar memory stick - i low lever format the usb stick once that finishes i then have to do a quick format with the windows format tool (other wise the usb stick will show in my computer but states it needs to be formatted again) then i did the following

1) downloaded bootloader-cloud-ibox-2-plus-751mhz-29.05.2014 - folder was called cloudix - left the folder with that name loaded on to use - put usb stick in with box switched off, then switch box on (nothing all i get is the images below - sometimes there is boot on the box but not all the time)

2) downloaded bootloader-cloud-ibox-2-plus-751mhz-29.05.2014 - folder was called cloudix - changed it to xpeedlx but again as above same results

i have ordered 3/4 different memory sticks so hoping one of those work

2014-10-14 13.20.44.jpg2014-10-14 13.20.51.jpg

Ok. FULL format with tool.
then FULL format with windows.
Quick no good.

Also the box MUST be off when usb is inserted. Then switch on. Then turn off and remove usb before turning back on

Thanks but if u look back 8 months I was on my 1st f5s lol.
its all just learning by doing as we're all doing our own support lol

trying the double formatted usb stick with with cloudix folder name now :)

---------- Post Merged at 06:03 PM ----------

so tried the above this time no boot message on screen but still nothing do so going to try now again but renaming the folder - xpeedlx i notice that the lights flash red on the usb drive maybe 3/4 times but stop very quickly

Use this as checklist.
1 full low level format
2 full pc format
3 copy 29/5/14 bootloader on as xpeedlx. If this just boots rename cloudix and do again.
4 move on to apollo 022 and flash it.
5 boot box first time with no usb

Last edited:
am i looking for the box or tv to give me any signals or signs that the bootloader have done or even started etc ok will try again reformatting lol

Otherwise itll just be a case of waiting for usbs

---------- Post Merged at 06:49 PM ----------

If the box boots and u get image on screen its not flashing.

If it says boot then flash then Cr-c then r-rf etc then after 5-10 mins says done its flashing.

If front display says nothing but u Dont get image on screen IT IS FLASHING. give it 2mins for loader or 15 mins flashing image.

the best i have had so far is image on screen but nothing on box the usb works but don't mean it's working on my box it flashes for a few seconds then stops will test your way again now and update :) then i will just wait for new usb's hopefully they come tomorrow think someone should start a business on here setting up boxes and posting them back they would be on to a killer lol

---------- Post Merged at 07:36 PM ----------

neither worked :( so will wait for usb's and try again any ideas why it's so funny with what usb it will work with

Back