Information about IPTV

celldweller

So all,

How come end users are never prosecuted for using IPTV services?

Would it just not be financially viable to prosecute the users or is it just a case of trying to shut them down one by one?

End users are just a small number in the iptv world why go for people who pay a subscription when they can kill 2 birds with 1 stone get the sources/providers take them down end users lose their subscription winner winner chicken dinner or so they think as where there's a will there's a way lol

Couldn't they just get IP addresses and payment information from PayPal accounts etc?

I don't get how this all works but I'm curious if the provider really does take 100% of the risk and what is to say there isn't a provider undercover?

most of the sign up for a server it is automated. I should imagine they have many paypal accounts and the suppliers address on the account is not real. same for the account the money ends up in. As for the reason they do it there is big money involved.

I should imagine the suppliers have many other security measures in place that is why only a few have been closed down. if they took people to court who used kodi, downloaded films, use IPTV, use a server for cable and cardsharing the courts would be full and they just would not be able to cope.

The problem is too big and 'THEIR' resources too limited. That is why 'THEY' rely on publicity or propaganda to deter potential customers or indeed resellers. The FA and businesses losing profit through iptv fund prosecutions/ investigations into the 'big boys' where it will attract the maximum publicity. There is no 'PROFIT' going after some no mark who is making peanuts selling a few subs, it would'nt even make the local paper. Trading standards are under enough pressure through local authority cutbacks so they don't want to know. The police would only offer assistance if 'other offences' are suspected, they would not be interested in copyright or similar matters.

I know this is off topic but would you like to know how F.A.C.T find out how people are downloading anything thats copyrighted. I would imagine they could implement the same strategy in finding out servers for iptv. But as Taylerlee says theres not enough money not enough rescources to do this due to the governments cutbacks across the public sector, police, etc. So they have to prioritize and decide which is a more criminal act. e.g arrest a murderer, people who steal and vandalize, and cause harm to others or arrest someone for providing a streaming service

F.A.C.T have people who join a swarm of a specific torrent so they pose as another downloader. They check all the ip addresses that are in the swarm. If any other person isnt using a vpn there original ip will be displayed. Then they contact the isp and inform them of the account holder who has downloaded a copyrighted movie, file etc. Then that person receives a warning from F.A.C.T via email. Whether the isp can close the persons account down im unsure of but after 3 warnings i think they can. I think the isp will get fined for providing access to that account holder to a copyrighted file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets face it ,this has been going on for years and they are still no further forward towards stopping it. They can't go after everyone it would cost far too much money.It's the sellers advertising it on public sites that's the problem.

Last edited:
Lets face it ,this has been going on for years and they are still no further forward towards stopping it. They can't go after everyone it would cost far too much money.It's the sellers advertising it on public sites that's the problem.
Totally agree, if you stick two fingers up at authority and advertise your service as if you were legitimate you can only expect problems, its common sense. Whereas those that are discreet dont attract the same attention and remain under the radar, thus benefiting themselves and their customers are left alone. There are many, many 'grey areas' in life where the 'authorities' are quite content to, 'turn a blind eye' whether it be through lack of resources, not in the public interest, or just plain not worth pursuing. I would suggest that 'small fry' iptv suppliers and end users fall into these categories.

Last edited:
Back