1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install NEWCAMD without USB

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H.2S' started by Rowan88, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Rowan88

Rowan88 Member

I just updated to Wooshbuild v5 but my sky channels aren't showing. I formatted and external HDD and copied over the newcamd.list and mg_cfg files to it. I plugged it in and ran USB CAM IMPORTER but it won't find the files. I have also logged onto my box via FileZilla which shows the two files inside the VAR/KEYS folder but for some reason my box wont use them.

Am I missing something here or do I need to use a usb pen (dont have one at the moment :( )

2. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

make sure there isn't a .txt extension on the end of the newcamd.list file.
    There is already an mg_cfg file in Wooshbuild.
    The cam importer should import from HDD to /usr/keys/.
  3. Rowan88

Rowan88 Member

USR/KEYS/ contains the two files and newcamd.list and cg_cfg

But in SoftCam Panel nothing shows...

If I put both files onto my external HDD then connect and run CAM IMPORTER I get : There are no CAM files on any usb device.
  4. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Have you tried using dream explorer from plugins to view the /usr/keys/ folder? It will at least show that the file extension is correct.
    You can then click on newcamd.list and see if your settings are correct.
  5. rosie12

rosie12 Member

Try restarting the mgcamd 1.3.8 in softcams
  6. Rowan88

Rowan88 Member

When I go into Dream Explorer on USR/KEYS I have the following:

When I go into SoftCams I re downloaded the 1.35 version... then when I hit the yellow refresh nothing happens... if I hit green I get : "NO CAM STARTED. CAM 1 MUST BE DIFFERENT FROM CAM 2"
  7. djgarf

djgarf TK Veteran

When your in the softcam panel and you have cam 1 highlighted have u pushed right to actually select mgcamd before pressing green to start it?
  8. Snapper93

Snapper93 TK Veteran

Disable cam 2 and just make sure you are running mgcamd 1.38 in Cam 1. Alos make sure your line details are exactly right in the newcamd.list file
  9. Rowan88

Rowan88 Member

You my friend are a legend :)