"Invalid Program, Search Again!" Error

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
Hi All,

I have the "Invalid Program, Search Again" error and was wondering if I could get help. There are a couple of threads regarding this issue and they all seem to resolve around checking if the dish is aligned correctly and internet connectivity is established. Both of which are no issues here.

So I've just upgraded my Skybox F5S to the firmware 'F3S_F5S_141204058D' which was released this month (Dec 2014), I've reloaded my CCCam config and can have access to the internet. I can view FTA channels and 'other' channels so I know my CLine is working. However some channels are showing 'Invalid Program, Search again', so seeing as though my dish alignment has not been changed, my box is on the latest firmware and AJ Sat List (Nov 2014), ccam is connfigured and online, and internet access is present.

Any idea on what might be causing the issues here? Was there a resolution at all for this? cheers.

Last edited:
Delete channel list, do factory restore, do fresh blind scan, try the channels that have been giving you errors before you load a new channel list and see if you are still getting errors

invalid channel normally means the channel has changed frequency

---------- Post Merged at 09:27 PM ----------

ask some one who has the same channel for the frequency and add that frequency

So I've deleted the channel list, did a factory restore followed by a blind scan. I've identified something interesting though, the affected channel has not shown up in my channel list following the scan?

Any chance the wind might have knocked the dish a little and it's now causing issues.. Probably explains why AJ Sat List's didn't work for this channel since the sat dish can't pick it up. The HD version of the channel is picked up though (Star Plus HD) but that's of no use as the HD channels no longer work.

if your dish had moved it would say no signal on all channels.

its probably the frequency has changed

---------- Post Merged at 09:39 PM ----------

if the channel is no longer in use ajsat may have removed it from the update that's why its not picking it up any more

Yes, sounds like the dish could have moved slightly, the HD channels are usually on a different frequency anyway

---------- Post Merged at 09:41 PM ----------

could also be your lnb skew messing with quality maybe. if the channel is not being picked up it wont have anything to do with your channel list, but seeing as you have deleted the channel list then it wont be because of a change in frequency

Yes.

According to the following:

Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sky-UK.html

The channel is on 10936 V 23000.

AJ's list of December 2014 has Star Plus (SD) included but doesn't work, though by pressing OK on the remote I can see the channel has the values 11261mhz 27500ks assigned which differs from the above. Looking more of a dish issue then..

I've tried doing a manual TP search on 10936 V 23000 but no joy..

you can try your dish but you would have problems with a lot more channels if it was your dish or lnb cable
I may be wrong.

Cheers webby.

To be honest I don't intend on moving the dish, certainly don't fancy climbing on top of the conservatory. Think I'll wait a couple of days/weeks and do a re-scan periodically to see if it'll pick itself up. Don't seem to be having any issue with any other channel so can't imagine anything being massively wrong, may well be the sly network.

Thanks for your help though guys, got to love TK! :)

If your dish is slightly misaligned, then it will affect some channels before others. Not all TP's are the same strength. Some are on different beams & they are spread over a number of satellites, so a misaligned dish could cause your problem.

Over the years, the prevailing wind & constant expansion/contraction from the heat/cold & even a bit of subsidence can cause dishes to become misaligned.

Back