iphone randomly plays music -even if i have not set it to play.

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Seem to have a problem with my iphone 4
For some reason latley it seems to be randomly playing music without me touching it. It may be on the side or in my pocket and goes off. If its not on silent then i will hear music playing and wonder where its from only to find out its my phone.

I click the button to unlock and its playing music.usually something ive not actually played..
to be honest i very rarly use it to play music but for some reason this keeps coming up, which means i have to go into my music file to pause/stop the music.
Does anyone know a reason for this happening or how to stop it?
Next time it happens ill take a screen shot

Have you got the "Shake To Shuffle" feature turned on in music settings? if yes turn it off.

I turned that off earlier after googling but it happens when phone is sitting on side not being touched. Ill see how it goes now ive turned shuffle off

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i was going to mention the same as HT.. I didnt realise and had mine on i was thinking dammit where's this music coming from. Hopefully that should sort the problem for you.

NOPE! Still happening!

Most of the day today ive left my phone on the table. Yet its still playing music when i pick it up and go to unlock. I turned the shuffle off the other day.

Any other idea as to how or why this still happens.

searched everywhere to see if there is an answer to this but i cant seem to find one.
Make sure its up to date for a start with the latest firmware.
Are there any alarms or apps set to use music as some sort of function that you can switch off or uninstall?

If all else fails do a restore or if its playing the same song maybe the file is somewhat corrupted?
All trial and error but do one step at a time to see if you can narrow it down so it doesnt happen again.

Steve Jobs is haunting your iphone. a full reset should clear the problem. I Just had to do a reset on a ipad 2 in order for it to connect to wifi correctly,I also must say I have written this reply on a bamboo tab it is one of the coolest devices i own

I've also read that people that have done a reset have had the problem reoccur, bit of troubleshooting before the reset would be highly recommended. Delete the song in question, check the alarms or notifications in a calendar, check your apps to see if there are reminders or notifications being used and so on.

Stupid question but is there a certain song set as a ringtone for a certain person that may be calling you? So in actual fact the phone is ringing and not just playing random music :)

HTC Desire S~Tapatalk

No mo alas or apps set with music. Different songs seem to play none of them my ring tones. Phone is uptodate. Will try a restore or go to apple shop n see what they say. I did mention id do a screenshot but cant coz as soon as you touch the button or slide the bar it stops n goes off. Although its random seems to have happened more since i turned the shuffle off. Strange coz it dont happen to my sons phone n both set up the same.

Linny as i dont have a iphone,i can only say reset,i have just been reading about a program on the iphone called Match which seems to do as you are describing,also itunes becomes sluggish,one solution was to redownload the app,not sure if thats itunes or match,and also a hard reset was also suggested with a backup if you have 1

Thanks sinno. Dont have an app called match. Hardly use music on my phone. But will do a reset/restore in the week n see if it makes any difference.

Seems its common on google but no one really knows how to rectify it :(

Also Linny from a little more reading,are there others in the house with iphones when this happens,just thinking outside the box on this one,it could be a sync issue with your phone and theirs and itunes

Sometimes but not always like today son out allday but he was in yesterday when it happened

Dont know if it is possible to turn off sync with itunes and see if it will make a difference,with ios 5 there seems to have been a update to itunes match and cloud,could be the source of the problem,my younger brother has just got a new iphone,i will have a look in more detail at it for you,you could always jailbreak the yoke

Haha its still under contract. Not really got round to looking at and understanding icloud but sync my phone to pc not icloud so it backs up on pc. But it happens when im not at home as well like when im at work at theatre

it sounds suspiciously like a wifi issue trying to connect to hotspots or i could be completely wrong,i still think a full reset or trying to re download the firmware might solve it,there may be a patch added to the firmware that has'nt been disclosed,been known to happen with other companies

Yh will fire up pc 2mora n do it as i got no car n gotta wait in allday for boiler man :( oh at work i got no wifi so have to use 3g. Im on 3 so dont get hotspots as freely but always on wifi at home

Back