Iptv on vu solo2 se help please... SOLVED...

Jackie657

I've got my script installed on vu with openvix 5. 1. Everything is working but no picture. I have sky as isp. However I've took it down my friends who has same box and same gift from same source. I plug my box in at his home and boom it works straight away however his isp is first utility. I've taken the sky guard off of my sky account but stil no picture at my home. Any help or direction as to getting a pic step by step guide would be perfect thanks

Check your router firewall settings and maybe try putting them on low as possible as a test to see if you get any picture. Its clearly something to do with your router.

Check your router firewall settings and maybe try putting them on low as possible as a test to see if you get any picture. Its clearly something to do with your router.

Do I have to log into the router. I'm not tech savvy but upon instructions I'm ok so how would I do this. Thank you for your input

Turned off sky shield also went into router settings and disabled firewalls completely but I still can't get a picture. Everything is there epg with info. The script has transfered and installed to the box. Just no picture when I try opening a channel. It just shows the openvix screen.

Press the ok button on the remote then blue button to see if your bouquets are there m8 ??
All bouquets are the I have epg I know te box is working with the script being sent over by putty as my friend true the box at his and he plugged in and played everything worked he is on 1st utily internet. I plug in straight from his and no pixture at all

Worth checking to see if IPv6 is turned off in your router too, if so turn it off and give that a try.

Last edited:
Worth checking to see if IPv6 is turned on in your router too, if so turn it off and give that a try.

I did notice this when looking at the router settings and to be honest I'm sure everything that is connected is through the IPv6 I think the IPv4 firewall has allow all and the IPv6 firewall had block everything. But I turned off both firewalls and still no picture.
I am going to my friends tomorrow to see if we can get him set up so I'm trying to get as much information on things we can check so I'm happy to have as many people input and if possible step by step guides on how to achieve what people are saying try as were not tech savvy whe it comes to changing settings on router and box etc etc.

I did notice this when looking at the router settings and to be honest I'm sure everything that is connected is through the IPv6 I think the IPv4 firewall has allow all and the IPv6 firewall had block everything. But I turned off both firewalls and still no picture.
I am going to my friends tomorrow to see if we can get him set up so I'm trying to get as much information on things we can check so I'm happy to have as many people input and if possible step by step guides on how to achieve what people are saying try as were not tech savvy whe it comes to changing settings on router and box etc etc.

Oooops, sorry about that!...I should have said make sure IPv6 is OFF not on! My bad!

Login to your router, then advanced, then WLAN IP setup, untick IPv6 and then apply. Next do LAN setup, untick IPv6 and then apply again. The router will reboot if I remember rightly and hopefully should help!

Thank you it's another thing I we can try tomorrow night I'm hoping I can go there and try as many things as possible with the help of you all here. Thanks again

Hi, Leemoo, Wullboy, Gibbletts,
Have you tried rebooting the router I have sky as isp and use vix on a duo 2 and works fine, however I do have my box set up with a static IP address

How do I set a static ip address and what is the ip address I need to use to put in the static ip settings please.

Have you tried rebooting the router I have sky as isp and use vix on a duo 2 and works fine, however I do have my box set up with a static IP address

GIBBLETTS,,,
Thank you very much. Because you said you had same sort of set up I thought I would try your advice 1st and set a static ip address up. And I thank you for the help and advice as did what you advised and BOOM picture came straight up. So I owe you a drink.
And I thank all who have replied and gave some good advice also. But Gibbletts your the man on this thread.
Thanks everyone problem solved

GIBBLETTS,,,
Thank you very much. Because you said you had same sort of set up I thought I would try your advice 1st and set a static ip address up. And I thank you for the help and advice as did what you advised and BOOM picture came straight up. So I owe you a drink.
And I thank all who have replied and gave some good advice also. But Gibbletts your the man on this thread.
Thanks everyone problem solved

Can anyone give link to Gibbletts reply/post please as it doesn't seem to be here unless I've gone blind LOL!!!!?

Thanks very much

Hi wullboy Thanks for your reply but in fairness Post 10 says he's set up static ip, Post 11 asks how - which wasn't in post 10. Then post 17 is thanking post 10 on how they have managed to set up static ip with post 10 help - so as it doesn't appear to be anywhere in this thread I'm presuming they did by PMing each other!!!?
So to put it another way - how do I set up a static ip address please!!!
Very many thanks and Kind Regards

Back