Is 1 gb ram enough for android box

lee3199

Hi very new to the Android way of watching shows .
My question is do i want to be buying a 2 gb Ram box or will 1 gb ram do the job ?
I won't be filling it with a lot of apps it will literally be for a iptv service and maybe a movie app .
I don't have a massive budget so not sure which android box to go for .
Thanks for any help

Ram makes no difference to the number of apps. That is the ram. Usually a 1gb rom box has 8gb ram...

a 1gb rom should work ok, but for the little bit extra (can sometimes be only £5-£10), I would say to go for a 2gb box... Also, make sure it's at least an S905X processor, not just an S905...

Ram makes no difference to the number of apps. That is the ram. Usually a 1gb rom box has 8gb ram...

a 1gb rom should work ok, but for the little bit extra (can sometimes be only £5-£10), I would say to go for a 2gb box... Also, make sure it's at least an S905X processor, not just an S905...
Thanks alot will search for one with those features

buy a h96 pro or h96 pro+, I have the pro and its flawless for iptv,no problems at all,never crashes,ive had it about 3-4 months

Always go for the more RAM (memory) 2GB & up. Most boxes come with 8GB & up of ROM (storage). Also if the android operating system is 6.0 or above you can add usb storage or micro sd card to expand the storage space of the box & it uses it as internal storage. You could also add an external HDD for storage but you can't install apps to external storage.

Also make sure it has a decent processor Amlogic S912 - Octo-core as an example. Any box with that processor & 2GB or more of ram should run well without any issues.

This would be a decent recommendation
uE9qEN.png

Last edited:
Always go for the more RAM (memory) 2GB & up. Most boxes come with 8GB & up of ROM (storage). Also if the android operating system is 6.0 or above you can add usb storage or micro sd card to expand the storage space of the box & it uses it as internal storage. You could also add an external HDD for storage but you can't install apps to external storage.

Also make sure it has a decent processor Amlogic S912 - Octo-core as an example. Any box with that processor & 2GB or more of ram should run well without any issues.

This would be a decent recommendation
uE9qEN.png

Thanks alot , like I say very new to it so not sure exactly what I'm looking for , these reply' s have been a great help.
I was a Openbox/sat receiver user ( very simple to use so ideal for me lol)

Thanks alot , like I say very new to it so not sure exactly what I'm looking for , these reply' s have been a great help.
I was a Openbox/sat receiver user ( very simple to use so ideal for me lol)
It absolutely makes a difference and you should get 2gb as a minimum.
I've just bought another 2gb box off geekbuying for £27 which is what I paid the last time.... you do get offers coming round regularly.
Most of these boxes are pretty much set up for you and there's plenty of YouTube help out there as well as on here.

It absolutely makes a difference and you should get 2gb as a minimum.
I've just bought another 2gb box off geekbuying for £27 which is what I paid the last time.... you do get offers coming round regularly.
Most of these boxes are pretty much set up for you and there's plenty of YouTube help out there as well as on here.
Cheers got one ordered 2 gb ram

Back