Is it still worth purchasing a Mag Box?

Pacman2D

I have been using the Amazon firestick for IPTV for a while now using the iptv providers dedicated apps. While I haven’t found anything bad about it in terms of streaming and the quality, I have always liked the simplicity of the mag box layout and even the look of the StbEmu emulator on a firestick.

The problem is my iptv provider doesn’t support Mac addresses or portals anymore and I believe the majority of providers don’t support the likes of MAC address for getting stbemu up and running.

If I was to upgrade from the Amazon firestick 4k max what device would anymore recommend for iptv streaming? In an ideal scenario I would like it to just show the iptv channels when you turn on the box like you would have with a sky box with the guide.

Id say no dont do it .

Look at the BuzzTV and fomuler range.

Firestick are ok.
What is the problem exactly with mag boxes these days? Is it to do with reliability issues or security problems or something else? I seen that you should avoid buying from infomir

What is the problem exactly with mag boxes these days? Is it to do with reliability issues or security problems or something else? I seen that you should avoid buying from infomir
Mac address can be cloned (security issue), but also the longevity and versatility of the box is not as good as others, unless it's an android box. Most users have them due to familiarity with the boxes.

Mac address can be cloned (security issue), but also the longevity and versatility of the box is not as good as others, unless it's an android box. Most users have them due to familiarity with the boxes.
I am now thinking of purchasing a buzztv box or fomuler box

There are IPTV providers out there who provide Mac address
Yes that’s true but no provider will touch a mag box as too easily cloned and too many codec issues.
Where as with formuler if you know what setting to go into you won’t need to use the generic 00:1A:79

Many still use stb emu which can be cloned easily also. It's more so that older mag device were not used for IPTV. The modern mag boxes are fine.

Have a few but using them as door stoppers.
Used to be the best few years ago but since infomir started reporting it's no longer good and most providers prefer using username and password rather than revealing the DNS

Yeah definitely mags are declining. But still can be used, but going forward a firestick would be better longer term.

I use stb-emu on a few android devices and the provider I use also requires the device serial number
along with mac address,which makes things a lot more secure his end.Its easy enough to clone for
your on personal use though with stb-emu,not sure if mag boxes allow change of serial number.

Back