Is there such thing as a 4K IPTV or even a true full 1080 IPTV service ?

Atari2600

Just curious to know if there is a 4K IPTV service out there ? Or even does it exist ?
If there is I would be really interested for my main tv - my internet is good 100mb

If no 4K IPTV, does anyone do a true full 1080 IPTV service ?
I’m not talking 10 channels I’m asking like 90% of the channels are true HD

we would have to move to H.265 from h.264.
There have been a few suppliers out there that have provided as close to full HD as they can but its a killer. You would need top of the line BB fibre the box will need to be more than the standard 100mb.
If you look at the UK market the infrastructure just will not cope with the demands. Too many people have cheap internet packages that barely give 10mbps connections (thats not a dig at people, everyones circumstance is unique to them) if these people tried to stream at full 4k with h.264 it just wouldn't work..

ive over at a friends house who had moaned that non of the APK's worked while trying to watch 4k or 1080p content. He had bb from car phone warehouse with an average speed on the day of 6mbps. I had 4g with EE and full signal giving me 40mbps i tether to my phone an it worked without a hitch..

Also if you look at the boxes people are using
zgemma
cheap android
Mag

Then we come to the next hurdle. Is the hardware going to be able to handle streams at 4k 60/50fps. I think they may struggle. The Formuler z7+ i use would struggle. I got myself a Nvidia shield for xmas (lucky me) and this thing handles everything i have thrown at it. Not everyone can justify £150 on just a box. the Formuler @ £90 over a year ago was difficult to stomach.

So the answer to the question is, yes it can be done, but no it wont until people start understanding the impact changing would have on the service they get... Also unless the source providers can see instant profit to me made then they wont go and invest in something new just so a few people can get there 4k kicks while the masses (masses = money, lots of money) will want to stick with bit starved kinda hd content.

I doubt it. Since they are essentially ripping the stream, it's always gonna lose some quality. The best most suppliers can do is HD 720p and if you're lucky full HD 1080p.

Best picture quality is cable, IPTV has more channels but the quality isn't as good.

The channels may be listed as HD but generally they are not, as for 4K the content it's as rare as rocking horse sh~~.

not as technical as some answers but equally as true :grin::grin::grin:

Thought so guys,

I wouldn’t mind paying for the sub even if it was like £70 a year if you got 4K
My internet 100mb so no problem there
But like you guys have said it also depends on the servers and how many people they have got on a server
I can’t image the seller to have just a dozen so people on a server in order to provide 4K
It won’t be worth the hassle I guess

Thought so guys,

I wouldn’t mind paying for the sub even if it was like £70 a year if you got 4K
My internet 100mb so no problem there
But like you guys have said it also depends on the servers and how many people they have got on a server
I can’t image the seller to have just a dozen so people on a server in order to provide 4K
It won’t be worth the hassle I guess
latancy is the killer with iptv.

100mbps is great but pointless if your latency is high, this will just cause heaps of buffering.

Most providers use Chinese trans coders which wont be the best out in the market. so you will never get 100% like for like viewing. It will always be almost as good, :-)

latancy is the killer with iptv.

100mbps is great but pointless if your latency is high, this will just cause heaps of buffering.

Most providers use Chinese trans coders which wont be the best out in the market. so you will never get 100% like for like viewing. It will always be almost as good, :)

How can I find out what my latency is
As in low or high ?

Back