ISP Provider - current contract coming to an end (UK)

Alex456

Hello all - just looking for some advice RE my ISP

Currently with one stream (I believe are basically Vodafone), use my own router (TP link), and with my current IPTV provider, all is fine and works mostly, very well with the added bonus I have never needed to use a VPN whilst with one stream. I am on a 72MB package, which is not full fibre, just me and the wife, and other than using our phones, iptv and watching the odd film via streamio we don't do anything that hardcore that I believe would warrant for example a 300MB package

However my current deal is coming to an end, 12 months at £21 a month for 72MB.

My question is, for IPTV purposes who do other posters recommend? As much as price is important, I want to stick with an ISP that is best for IPTV & Real debrid usage. Also is it worth upgrading to full fibre as reading online I still can't decide whether for the same price whether it is worth switching, and I cannot stand the ugly new box you have to have on your wall which I think is a mess, we also cannot get Virgin.

Although my current IPTV provider doesn't *YET* get blocked by Now Broadband, there is a 12 month deal for £24 which is a decent offer, with onestream I can recontract for another 12 months for £29 per month, or my price goes upto £49 if I do nothing once my contract lapses.

Any advice is greatly appreciated (y)

I don't think there is a definitive "best" ISP. If you are happy with your current ISP and it works, then great.

As far as speeds go, as long as you have at least a 30/40MB package, you should easily be able to stream any 4K UHD content. Another thing to take into consideration is if you are using WiFI or cabled connection to IPTV. You may have a 100MB connection from ISP, but if you connect via WiFi and your Access Point is far away, then you may not be getting 100MB connection on the IPTV device.

If you don’t need more speed just go for the cheapest deal.
I think it’s mainly Sky and Virgin broadband that are known for blocking iptv but there is probably others.
I also use Ethernet if possible.

Last edited:
Yeah agreed with the info above, personally i'd stay away from NOW BB as they are powered by SKY, if you're getting a good speeds and no issues, don't fix what's no broke mate.

Thanks all for your replies very much appreciated, will give them a call and see if they can get closer to what I pay now.

I'm not the most clued up on all things internet, but my setup is an Nvidia Shield (ott for IPTV I know) which is ethernet connected to my router, I have a TP link booster on my landing which means I now get a pretty steady signal in all rooms now.

As I said, it all seems to work fine and I rarely ever encounter problems, if I do its mostly with the 50FPS or odd 4K stream on my provider which is no major issue I just switch to another stream

Friends/family tell me the mega speeds they get, but ultimately for what me and the wife use the internet for not sure we would see much benefit from it.

Worst experience I have had was with Talktalk, whom I wouldn't be willing to go back to

Hello all - just looking for some advice RE my ISP

Currently with one stream (I believe are basically Vodafone), use my own router (TP link), and with my current IPTV provider, all is fine and works mostly, very well with the added bonus I have never needed to use a VPN whilst with one stream. I am on a 72MB package, which is not full fibre, just me and the wife, and other than using our phones, iptv and watching the odd film via streamio we don't do anything that hardcore that I believe would warrant for example a 300MB package

However my current deal is coming to an end, 12 months at £21 a month for 72MB.

My question is, for IPTV purposes who do other posters recommend? As much as price is important, I want to stick with an ISP that is best for IPTV & Real debrid usage. Also is it worth upgrading to full fibre as reading online I still can't decide whether for the same price whether it is worth switching, and I cannot stand the ugly new box you have to have on your wall which I think is a mess, we also cannot get Virgin.

Although my current IPTV provider doesn't *YET* get blocked by Now Broadband, there is a 12 month deal for £24 which is a decent offer, with onestream I can recontract for another 12 months for £29 per month, or my price goes upto £49 if I do nothing once my contract lapses.

Any advice is greatly appreciated (y)
I had a guy around offering me a reasonable deal on full fibre from youfibre. ive still got twelve months to go but will look at them again . contracts no ncreases in contract and prices seem ok. worth a check it out.

I had a guy around offering me a reasonable deal on full fibre from youfibre. ive still got twelve months to go but will look at them again . contracts no ncreases in contract and prices seem ok. worth a check it out.
I am going to try them when my VM contract comes to an end.
They use City fibre network.

Thanks all for your replies very much appreciated, will give them a call and see if they can get closer to what I pay now.

I'm not the most clued up on all things internet, but my setup is an Nvidia Shield (ott for IPTV I know) which is ethernet connected to my router, I have a TP link booster on my landing which means I now get a pretty steady signal in all rooms now.

As I said, it all seems to work fine and I rarely ever encounter problems, if I do its mostly with the 50FPS or odd 4K stream on my provider which is no major issue I just switch to another stream

Friends/family tell me the mega speeds they get, but ultimately for what me and the wife use the internet for not sure we would see much benefit from it.

Worst experience I have had was with Talktalk, whom I wouldn't be willing to go back to
What’s your reasons for not using TalkTalk again? Strangely enough I was gunna move to them after my contract ends.

As above check full fibre isp's that may be in your area youfibre etc. Some charge as little as £25 for 900mb up and down.

If you're happy with the service from one stream you could always tell them you're leaving to see if they'll give you a deal to stay.

City fibre own the fibre cables and you have to buy it through a provider and YouFibre is one of them. Maybe it’s region specific but did they say they couldn’t supply you for some reason?

UNFORTUNATELY, YOUFIBRE IS NOT YET AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA.​

Other than that no, must be area dependent.

I can get CF (overhead install), Virgin and Grain.

It if new fibre, sometime it can take a year or so before the company who owns the fibre is prepare me to allow other ISPs to use it.

UNFORTUNATELY, YOUFIBRE IS NOT YET AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA.​

Other than that no, must be area dependent.

I can get CF (overhead install), Virgin and Grain.
They laid the cable last year in my area and I occasionally get letters in the post from them about their service.
I checked all their providers for price and YouFibre was the cheapest one out of them all for me.

What’s your reasons for not using TalkTalk again? Strangely enough I was gunna move to them after my contract ends.
We moved into this house as a new build roughly 7 years ago, the internet has never been great, and full fibre has only become available in the last year

However when with talktalk (which was during covid) randomly normally between 10-11 am during the week whilst we were working from home, the internet light on the router would go off, so turn it off, turn it on and it would come back, this happened for a few weeks. Phoned talktalk on a couple of occasions and they advised just to reset the router, I questioned this on a couple of occasions but ultimately they would not send someone out to inspect

Moved to Onestream, after about 6 months same issue started happening again, this time I get through to an English call centre, said they could see an issue with my line, 3 days later openreach came out and (I cant remember the technical term) but the engineer came back with a block the wires went into, and it was bent, he replaced it and ever since it has been perfect

Engineer on another note told me if I ever have an issue like that again (went through the talktalk issue) to simply turn the router off at the plug and phone up as they will see their end I am getting no internet, but so far I have not needed to test that theory out

So long pointless ramble short, I thought the customer experience was poor, and if you look at one stream the reviews are poor to say the least but my experience with them has been good, biggest issue with them is remembering to cancel the free trials they automatically add onto your account for insurance and Norton, as well as not letting your contract lapse (As I will go from £21 upto £49).

Going to name drop my new provider “No One Internet” who use the CityFibre infrastructure.

Speeds are brilliant. 900/900 with extremely fast ping. Paying £32 per month and its performing far better than Virgin broadband did.

Going to name drop my new provider “No One Internet” who use the CityFibre infrastructure.

Speeds are brilliant. 900/900 with extremely fast ping. Paying £32 per month and its performing far better than Virgin broadband did.
Some really good competition to virgin around now.

Do they use cgnat?

I'm with an alt net but they're not on the CF network, they also use cgnat so I took bought a static IP..well they've forgot to charge me for it so I'm keeping quiet.

Back