Issues with USB when trying to update Wooshbuild from 5 to 6...

Hi,

I'm currently running Wooshbuild 5 and am trying to update to 6 (Green button > WP Config > Update to Wooshbuild v6.000).

When I start the update, and select 'yes' to backing up my settings, I get the following:
'Sorry, your backup destination in not writable. Please select a different one.'

If I try to skip the backup, I get this message:
'Not enough free space on /hdd !!
You need at least 300Mb free space.'

I've tried this with two USBs (one has 14GB free space; the other 7GB). I've also tried changing the file permissions through FTP to 777, but I just get a '550 SITE CHMOD command failed' message.

Could anyone please advise me on what the problem could be? I've got to this stage by referring to this guide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqma7vb3wcrytvx/Basic User Guide v6.pdf?dl=0

Many thanks.

make sure your hdd is mounted as /media/hdd/

Yeah mate, it already is. I've even been to Harddisk > Initialisation to format it.

If I go to Mounts > Mount Manager, the device does indeed appear and tell me I have 7GB of storage, and that it is in /media/usb...

Although I do notice you said it should be mounted in /media/hdd whereas mine is /media/usb

Is this significant?

Why are you updating to an old version that is no longer updated.
You should be installing wooshbuild infinity which is the latest version.
There is a complete thread in the general satellite section on how to install.

Many thanks as this has worked and is now installing.

benijofar, my knowledge of anything related to the ZGemma and Wooshbuild is very basic. I was just told by my supplier that I needed to update Wooshbuild in order for his update to work. If it still doesn't work after updating to Wooshbuild 6, then I will take your advice and look into Wooshbuild Infinity.

Thanks again to all.

Each time a WooshBuild is released it always contains the same or newer versions of plugins. It is the older WooshBuild versions which don't get update with new plugins or newer versions.

WooshBuild 5,6,7 are all out of date now due to the recent Sky channel changes and lack of support from AutoBouquets E2 which was the plugin used to bring in the channels for satellite. I wasn't going to spend a load of time making a plugin work when the devs aren't going to sort it properly.

WooshBuild Infinity uses AutoBouquetsMaker which is actively updated whenever needed. Infinity is also smaller than previous WB versions and is a lot more user friendly when it comes to installing as it does everything for you.

I'm also using the same process to update from Wooshbuild 6 to 7.
Each time a WooshBuild is released it always contains the same or newer versions of plugins. It is the older WooshBuild versions which don't get update with new plugins or newer versions.

WooshBuild 5,6,7 are all out of date now due to the recent Sky channel changes and lack of support from AutoBouquets E2 which was the plugin used to bring in the channels for satellite. I wasn't going to spend a load of time making a plugin work when the devs aren't going to sort it properly.

WooshBuild Infinity uses AutoBouquetsMaker which is actively updated whenever needed. Infinity is also smaller than previous WB versions and is a lot more user friendly when it comes to installing as it does everything for you.

I'm currently on with this now. Do I need to follow the bit on the TechKings guide (at http://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-infinity-for-all-enigma2-boxes.140702) that states:

Prerequisites:
Flash the version of openATV you want on your box. This is available from:
http://images2.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=
, select your manufacturer and then box model. Remember this will destroy any existing data on the box. A general guide on how to flash your box with openATV is at the end of this post. New users and existing WooshBuild users are covered.

I ask that because I've just tried updating from Wooshbuild 7 to Infinity using this guide:

It seems identical to the guide on TeckKings apart from the step I mentioned above.

The issue I'm having is that I'm able to:

• connect to my box and run the 'opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk' script in Terminal
• then I go through the setup and it tells me not to press anything while it restarts and installs the channels

But once it restarts, I don't have any channels (not even freeview), and it still says I'm on Wooshbuild 7.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Many thanks.

I'm also using the same process to update from Wooshbuild 6 to 7.

I'm currently on with this now. Do I need to follow the bit on the TechKings guide (at http://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-infinity-for-all-enigma2-boxes.140702) that states:

Prerequisites:
Flash the version of openATV you want on your box. This is available from:
http://images2.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=
, select your manufacturer and then box model. Remember this will destroy any existing data on the box. A general guide on how to flash your box with openATV is at the end of this post. New users and existing WooshBuild users are covered.

I ask that because I've just tried updating from Wooshbuild 7 to Infinity using this guide:

It seems identical to the guide on TeckKings apart from the step I mentioned above.

The issue I'm having is that I'm able to:

• connect to my box and run the 'opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk' script in Terminal
• then I go through the setup and it tells me not to press anything while it restarts and installs the channels

But once it restarts, I don't have any channels (not even freeview), and it still says I'm on Wooshbuild 7.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Many thanks.

It's happening because you need to flash the latest openatv to the box first, then load infinity on afterwards.
There are no shortcuts regardless of what youtube says, you wouldn't have WB7 on there if you'd flahed openatv as it destroys all data on the box when you flash it, as mentioned on the infinity page

Okay thank you for clearing that up. I just wanted to make sure I was following the right steps. I seem to have it installed now as I've gone to: 'Green button > WP Config', and it states that I have Wooshbuild version 10.

At this point, do I need to install or do anything else before I speak to a provider? I was told that I'd need to install enigma2?

Thanks again.

Okay thank you for clearing that up. I just wanted to make sure I was following the right steps. I seem to have it installed now as I've gone to: 'Green button > WP Config', and it states that I have Wooshbuild version 10.

At this point, do I need to install or do anything else before I speak to a provider? I was told that I'd need to install enigma2?

Thanks again.

Enigma2 is the box you are using, most zgemmas are e2 boxes.
Have you followed the steps on WB Infinity page? - you flash openatv first, then load the infinity files later, if you haven't done this, you aren't on infinity, not sure what WB version 10 is, never heard of it myself

Okay thanks.

So before I find myself an IPTV provider, is there anything else I need to do considering I have only just installed Wooshbuild 10? I've heard something about Xtream editor?

One thing to note is that during the initial set up I selected 'satellite' instead of 'IPTV', but then got some error about my cables not being able to connect to the sky channels, which might be why my freeview channels haven't loaded.

Where do your freeview channels come from?, if from sat or cable you need to enable the sat/cable tuners and run a scan.
if you are getting iptv, your new provider will tell you how to load it and what needs configuring etc, there's several ways to add iptv so I'd ask the provider before you install anything else

where do your freeview channels come from?

Make sure the relevant tuner is enabled

go to menu>setup>service searching>autobouquetsmaker> start scan

Thanks.

Yeah I did this and got the same error as when I was installing Infinity:

"Failed to tune Sky UK on tuner B
Please check the following:
The tuner is correctly configured
You can receive the specified frequency"

I'm guessing I've messed something up somewhere along the line?

How many satellite cables do you have coming into your box?
make sure they are connected correctly. As you look at the back of the box, you have one cable connected to the top left connector and the second cable connected to the bottom right.

If you only have one cable, disable tuner B: Menu -> Setup -> Sservice searching -> Tuner config -> Change tuner B to "Not configured"

How many satellite cables do you have coming into your box?
make sure they are connected correctly. As you look at the back of the box, you have one cable connected to the top left connector and the second cable connected to the bottom right.

If you only have one cable, disable tuner B: Menu -> Setup -> Sservice searching -> Tuner config -> Change tuner B to "Not configured"

Cables are the same as before I flashed everything, and all was working then.

Anyway, I've got Infinity and my IPTV set up, so thanks all for your help.

I used to have a lot of issues with the box freezing, and now it hasn't frozen since I got everything set up last Friday.

So just a question out of curiosity: is this improvement in performance related to the Wooshbuild update from v5 to Infinity? I would imagine the answer is yes, unless my provider has suddenly got a much better server.

Thank you all again.

Cables are the same as before I flashed everything, and all was working then.

Anyway, I've got Infinity and my IPTV set up, so thanks all for your help.

I used to have a lot of issues with the box freezing, and now it hasn't frozen since I got everything set up last Friday.

So just a question out of curiosity: is this improvement in performance related to the Wooshbuild update from v5 to Infinity? I would imagine the answer is yes, unless my provider has suddenly got a much better server.

Thank you all again.

No, your provider has exactly the same server, you are using much better software now to utilise what you've had all along, this is why i can't understand people who hold out as long as possible before reflashing

Back