Ive flashed to Vix, What Next??

Right then after building up the newbie confidence I have flashed and installed Vix 4.2.026. :) And it still works, hooray

Now then next dilemma is Skins and EPG's how the hell does this all work.

I would like a Sky look to my DUO2 box any idiot guides for non technical plonkers?

Thanks

Skin
Simple as loading a ipk file (installation file) onto the box click install restart the box go to skin settings select the sly skin then reboot again and its loaded.

SlyQ - Chabs - http://www.techkings.org/openvix-openatv-skins/89189-skyq-skin.html
Slyk skin - google "slyk - Yola" top site when you google it

you need to either put the ipk file on a usb and plug it in whilst your only on channels (not on a menu setting) then it should pop up with install plugins? something similar?
then simply install it.

then go to Menu > Setup > system > user interface > skin settings? then you'll see the skin there. navigate to it click ok then it will ask you to reboot gui.
boot then the skin will be loaded :)

EPG

I strongly suggest to save your EPG to a usb stick/Hdd & not the internal storage purely because it can slow down the response speed of your box if you load epg data onto it.

do you have cross epg / EPGImporter installed on the box? if not you will need to install them from plugins:
Menu > plugins > green to download plugins > system plugins cross epg or epg importer

go into the settings on the epg menu:
menu ? setup > system > EPG > Settings > location to your hdd or usb.
then go to the cross epg / epg importer plugin and do the same.
go onto the providers and select astra 28.8 then click save

download now for cross epg
and press yellow to manually import the epg from the epg importer plugin.

the rest regarding epg is self-explanatory - like when you want it to auto update etc.

Last edited:
Back