keyboard got a mind of its own.

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Ive got a BCL LK860 keyboard and mouse. like this but in Red
4568.jpg

For the last few weeks my keyboard has been playing up. It keeps giveing me more than 1 a in a word. No other letter just the A

Its as if the memory on the keyboard is confused or something. It often spells words back to front, even if i press the keys slowly giving the keyboard/pc time to take note of what letters im typing. I thought it was jsut me but its getting worse.
I now have to spend half my time correcting my spelling and taking out the extra A's. Its also now and again missing letters out.

I have tried playing with they keyboard settings but all to no avail. The keyboard and mouse are USB so no software had to be installed 1st.
Anyone got any ideas on how to rectify the keyboard settings or stop its doing a repeated A and missing letter sout. or putting letters in the wrong place.

It seems to me that its a sort of memory thing. and i was told sometime ago that sometiems the keyboard memory cannot cope with the speed that the user types. Im Not that fast a typer but have grown up using a keyboard since my schooldays, ( where i used an electric and maual typewriter)

Yes i have left some of the spelling mistakes in so maybe you can see a pattern. i cant quite make out if its certain words or letter that are near the a that are maknig it do it or not. Typical coz i want it to do more than 1 a its not :(

does it do this even when you tap the a quickly? it might just be a sticky key or the keyboard is kaput.

Back