kryptview a780 download not requested?

tinbasher

new member here.downloaded files okwhen i go to hit start button i get a message download not requested/turned box on and off before hitting start happens all the time any suggestions?

Make sure you are using a Null modem cable

Are you using a USB to serial converter?, if so you will need to install a compatible driver. You could try this one or search for the prolific driver.

once you have installed the driver,

With your USB to Serial adapter connected to your computer, Null modem, and box.

1> Type in the search function in your start menu "device manager", then open it up
2> Expand Ports (COM & LPT) by pressing the + sign next to it
3> Double click "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm port
4> Click port settings tab
5> Leave the default settings and select the Advanced tab
6> Set COM port to COM1 (PRESS OK)
7> REBOOT COMP

Then flash the box as per tutorial,

Only when above is done plug your RJ45 ethernet connector in from your router into the back of your box (peel the big black square sticker of the back to reveal it if you have not already)
Then you should be done.

tried all of the above still the same usb cable i have gony change it tomorrow thanks

OK tinbasher. just a couple of things to note if you continue to have problems. First, try a couple of different USB to Serial drivers (just because device manager is clean does not mean your driver is compatible believe it or not - Device manager still needs to be clean however). Secondly, ensure that you are using a Null modem cable as opposed to a RS232 cable (they are identical to look at). If you still have problems, find a PC or laptop that has a 9pin serial port so you do not need the USB to serial converter, hence no drivers to install.

Tinbasher, here is the answer I was posted by Siol Torcail when I had the same problem
a while back.

The above posts are correct as you will need to find the driver first, then change your
com port settings.

Software loaded 1st time after making the changes.

"download not requested" is a com port or cable issue bees .... it means the box and pc aren't communicating .... either a duff null modem cable ... or the properties for the com port are not set correctly.

Added after 10 minutes:

sorry bees ....i forgot to add ... here's what the properties should be ... .......

in device manager right click on the com port and select properties , make sure they match the settings below

bits per second _____________115200

data bits __________________ 8

parity ____________________ None

stop bits __________________1

flow control________________None Last edited by Sìol Torcaill; 25-11-2010 at 01:25 AM.

thanks 4 ure help jodav and bees,bought a new null modem cable today,the one i got with the box must have been faulty,all working as of now thanks

Hi, Sorry for the delay, christmas? I am running a Vista 32 bit and I am trying to use one of my USB ports. It is a brand new box that I have got and Iam using a USB converter cable. I have followed the various instructions from other users. When I click on Device Manager, all the bits and pieces come up, but the prolific USB or the ports com and LPT is not there. The nearest iI have got is a USB/hub. I have tried going into this, but no avail. Is there anybody out there that come across this before and may be able to help. It would be much appreciated

find someone that has a pc with xp and serial port and a null modem cable to flash box,usb and adapters may not work and vista,firmwares were usually made for the old xp and pc tower.

I have a null modem cable and a usb converter cable, they cost me about €40, if anyone wants to donate €20 to Techkings, I will post them to that person

it sounds like you havent got the USB convertor cable driver loaded properly,
when you plug the lead in to a usb port you will only get the options
to change the settings when the computer recognises the lead is there.
If you go into device manager and then plug the lead in when the correct driver is loaded
you will see the device pop onto the list of options then you can change the settings

Make sure you are using a Null modem cable

Are you using a USB to serial converter?, if so you will need to install a compatible driver. You could try this one or search for the prolific driver.

once you have installed the driver,

With your USB to Serial adapter connected to your computer, Null modem, and box.

1> Type in the search function in your start menu "device manager", then open it up
2> Expand Ports (COM & LPT) by pressing the + sign next to it
3> Double click "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm port
4> Click port settings tab
5> Leave the default settings and select the Advanced tab
6> Set COM port to COM1 (PRESS OK)
7> REBOOT COMP

Then flash the box as per tutorial,

Only when above is done plug your RJ45 ethernet connector in from your router into the back of your box (peel the big black square sticker of the back to reveal it if you have not already)
Then you should be done.

I was having that trouble but with your instructions quickly resolved my problem without going through all of your steps, top man ;)

Back