Kryptview a780 is it just me or is everyone having issues?

hunter1010

TK Supporter
Hello all

a780 keeps freezing and loseing signal or scrambled comes on then a few seconds later channel back up then freezes 20 seconds later and repeats procedure! yes updated new fimwear and rescanned (sevral times and it was like this prior to my firmwear update i was hopeing it would fix it)

is this the end of the kv? cos its not worth watching in its present form?

Oh right so lots are experiencing this crap then. To be honest mine was crap before the update i was hopeing it would fix it. I simply dont bother watching anything other than fta now as its propper annoying.

Wonder if its the end of the line for kv then cos there not saying why there was an update and its no better now!

I remember sv brought an update out called the show must go on, got everyone to update that then swiched everyones's box of and said you all need to pay sub's

With no word from kv and a crap service i'm wondering if something like this is due???

I know i wont be paying as its not worth watching! :whacko:

you could always reflash back again with previous if needed,leave it for a a few days incase vm tinkering.

Hmm can't seem to say I've noticed much problems, but then I don't tend to use it much either! It might be worth checking if the problem is not as simple as a poor signal!? That's the usual culprit for glitching - well was on original VM boxes too...

update

18.11.11 1,26pm

have had the oppurtunity today to watch some tv, ive noticed a distinct diffrence NO Freezing No glitching So thats brillinat just hope it will be the same tonight when people come home from work and the servers get busy, if it goes glitchy again well we will have or questions as to why answered.

We shall see, Will post back this evening.

yes all channels that are back online are now glitch free i think they were changeing over to there new system yesderday as the box went down late last night as i say all back glitch free :grin: the remaining channels that are off witch i think they are 17 left should follow soon

Last edited:
servers overloaded?

6.09 pm

further to my post this afternoon its now just gone 6pm and it's started, glitching freezing scrabled green bar, LOAD OF RUBBISH

unwatchanble

So i, now assuming the kv servers are overloaded once people come home and can not handle the amount of box's connecting to it. = box is crap

However its a great box if your on the dole and you can sit on your butt all day watchin tv. Then when its freezing glitching ov an evening you can just go out robbing copper :willy nilly::woohoo:

Appear box's are taking a turn for the worst at the moment after several promises from the guys that run the servers and services. at moment lost SS4 and SSN after only having them back for about a week and cannot watch SS2 due to constantly going off losing connection etc. decided i would just listen to a music channel keep eye on footy scores online instead to find there all down at the moment as well. very disappointed.

However with all that said been advised that new cards have been sent abroad to where the servers are located and a new server is being setup to improve capacity and glitching issues and return some of the channels we have had missing for a very long time discovery etc (hopefully SS4 and SSN as well) this was seen recently with the return of these mentioned channels for a short period and also that they broadcasted the boxing last Saturday night although forgot to send coms to there sellers etc so not a lot of people knew till after the event.

the purpose of the new software was not to fix any known issues but to improve some stability issues but predominantly to prepare the box's for the upcoming server migration. i myself remain slightly skeptical as to when or if KV will one day be forced to go to a pay service but remain hopeful this will not be the case but running these servers are not cheap and money needs to be made to keep us with a service.

hopefully sales of there a780 are still enough at present to keep them in business and if/when they get there HD box ready for shipping that will provide a great boost to there bank balance and services and server will run like clock work we will all be happy.:yes!:

its a shame a cable card share is rather hard to setup as the kryptview is the only commercial one i can think of! its bound to be stupidly over subbed :(

UPDATE

Last night sat 19th i had trouble free kv viewing for the first time of an evening for a while it was great hope its sorted now?

Yes soap.. got all musik and MUTV.. less said about that the better..as i am a west ham fan..but yes got everything now in essex

Back