kryptview A780

bobolo

hello
I have problem with my kryptview A780. evrything was working very well until all channels went off. them i reset for factory defautl. thing went worse they screen easy installationappear on the screen and I can,t exit anymore. i have tried to do automatic search but only found 8 channels and went i tried to exit to tv , he just take me back to easy installation again and again.my question is what can I doto hae the channels back on? thank toreply

hello
I have problem with my kryptview A780. evrything was working very well until all channels went off. them i reset for factory defautl. thing went worse they screen easy installationappear on the screen and I can,t exit anymore. i have tried to do automatic search but only found 8 channels and went i tried to exit to tv , he just take me back to easy installation again and again.my question is what can I doto hae the channels back on? thank toreply

You need to do an auto search on your correct provider once you have the provider up on the top box press the green button, after that you will get a list of areas you have to choose the correct on for your area, which you will get from your subbed box, after you have got your area picked press ok and then it will bring in the channels.

You need to rescan on the correct provider e.g. Ex C/W or Telewest, NTL
get the provider right first,

Also choose the correct net id for your area.

After each scan restore to factory default
settings to get rid of previous channel list.

You may find this thread useful here

Note Ted Luxstons comment in the third thread about 8/8, 11/11 you want 58/58 from the provider.

Last edited:
first thing to check before messing with box is to check the vm site for faults,as no amount of scanning will bring in channels with an area fault.

thank, please what is vm site? any precision will be helpful

Vm site is your cable providers website so you can check if there is a cable problem in your area you just input your postal code and it will bring up your area faults

I have some basic channels back on but can,t have sky sport, sky movies, kids channels, many channels have been missing, wat to do next please? many thankx

I have some basic channels back on but can,t have sky sport, sky movies, kids channels, many channels have been missing, wat to do next please? many thankx

Is this box new ?? did you flash the box ?? do you have your internet connected to the box ?? post back

thank, is not a new box, have been flashed before. yes internet is connect to the box. many thank

---------- Post Merged at 06:41 PM ----------

yes is 11/11/2012

During factory setup..are you using correct network..telew.. ex c&w..etc and selecting the correct net id (area) from a genuine box will be ideal.. boxt knows how to find that on vermin box..!! gettin TP's in mid screen..8/8 or 11/11 or 58/58....58/58 or near is good.. we will get there in the end... ps check all your connections as well..

yeah im only getting 49/49 vm have been trying to fix the tv fault since oct in my area oxford, with a threat they will have it fixed by 11-20am today, sayiing that they said that yesterday, not to worry though enjoying what i have on box, get to watch my darts, footie , ect so cant complain

49/49 is still good eileen seeing as vermin are "working on it" (must be in the air..that phrase) 11/11 or less is just dire... !

I i have a kryptview box for a couple of years which was working fine until i stopped virgin three or four months ago.

I have since started back with them (i know long story wanted a free tivo box). Tried the kryptview box but nothing now

not even the start up screen. Do i need to redownload the firmware . Im sure it was the april one before. But i seem to be plugging everything

correctly as before. Internet feed by ethernet cable....Cable from previous but nothing . Could anyone please advise as i would like to watch

the football sunday as i couldnt get a ticket. Thanks in advance..

if your box cannot do a s/w online update it may need a later file to manually flash box,you did not say what you have.
you should get a menu coming up on screen ,recheck connections are correct.

Its a kryptview a780 ive had it a couple of years but not been on for three months ....Got virgin back and nothing cant even pick the menu screen up...It was fine before .:(

Its a kryptview a780 ive had it a couple of years but not been on for three months ....Got virgin back and nothing cant even pick the menu screen up...It was fine before .:(

What is showing on the screen of your tv ??

Back