Kryptview A780

Hi Ted
Found it OK, I am struggling, big time at the moment, Loaded the new firmware which shows it has updated, reset to factory defaults and did the scan. The Ethernet and cable from supplier are both connected, finds all the channels, eventually, but every channel comes up with scrambled \ no video, which suggest a broadband issue. tried new cable, removed router and wired direct to virgin hub but no difference. I am now changing the virgin hub back to router instead of a modem and trying again.
I have noticed that the scan does not ask for the Net ID, it scans and identifies Teesside as no 10, while it is scanning I have to select No. 10 and tell it to do an auto scan without letting it finish the provider scan for it to pick up all the channels. If I let it finish the process with no interference then it only picks up 8 channels still scrambled.

Had enough for today, will try again tomorrow
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
cdjhall

What happens exactly when you select S\W update in the settings menu (with everything connected including ethernet lead). You do not need a to know the NET In this case, Teesside No10 is correct and the only one so you are doing that correctly.

jodav :)

Hi all
The Net ID is 10 which I got from the Tivo box, when doing the software update nothing at all happens with everything connected. I have watched the video off Youtube link and I may be going wrong as I am doing the scan throught the installation menu and not the first screen that comes up, I am going to try another factory reset and scan it again, I will also try power off for 30 secs at the end of the process.

Thanks
cdjhall

If it does not say" Already updated" when you SW update iit can only be one of two things pending the kryptview server is OK which it is (ive just checked). The firmware you have loaded is to old or the box is not seeing the internet.

Hi Jodav
I downloaded the file from here so I am confident that it is correct, it shows correctly on the firmware page on the unit, I tend to agree that there is an issue seeing the internet, don't know whether it is the box as 2 laptops both connect fine in any of the ports, the lights on the back of the unit suggest that the comms are fine. Process of elimination I think. As soon as wife is finished watching the voice I can have another go.

Thanks
cdjhall

Ok cdjhall, I must go soon but cacti and the lads will hopefly help you get up and running. Just something to bear in mind is to target the message "already updated" when yo press SW update, you will then know internet is recognise and until then all premium channels will show "scrambled or no video". I will check how ur getting on tomorrow and hopefuly cacti or the lads will have you running.

ps let them know the firmware date shown in SYSTEM INFORMATION in the SETTINGS MENU. (it wants to read 16/08/2013)

Good luck mate and hopefuly all is good when I check in morning.

Hi Jodav
Thanks for the help, talk tomorrow, the firmware date is may 2013 showing on the box.

Thanks
cdjhall

august is the last firmware and he is on may,which may be no connection with lan and sometimes box and router need powering off first then on,when box updates and reboots reset/rescan then.

Hi All

One thing I am suspicious of is the internet connection on the box. when I first installed the Kryptview box onto the internet, I lost connection through my TP Link router which was connected to a virgin super hub, the superhub was set up as modem only, the router will not work at all now, I connected the Kryptview direct to the Super hub on port 1 as it is the only port that works whilst set as a modem without fixing the scrambled problem on kryptview. I am concerned that the kryptview blew the router. any thoughts?

Thanks
cdjhall

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 PM ----------

Hi cactikid
I have got my broadband back on know so will give this a try also, so I am looking for the firmware to say august 2013?

Thanks
cdjhall

august firmware now in downloads.you probably needed to reboot all modem hub and box and tp link as it resets all as in clears bugs.

Hi All

I am up and running, installed the new firmware, did the re scan and then turned of for 30 secs and everything now is working fine.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions, your advise was second to none. I owe you all big time.
This discussion forum is brilliant and I will continueing to watch the threads and hopefully throw in my bits of advise.

Best wishes to you all
cdjhall

cdjhall

Glad you got sorted cdj...and you never broke anything in the process..lol... and yes someone one day may have the same problem and as you know just what to do your input is always welcome as the best problem solvers are those who have had the problem themselves..null modem cable is all i will say..and we shall leave it at that..!!

Back