Kryptview box

I wish you could be bothered, as I still see no reason to reboot the pc. :dunno:

I flashed my first A570 a few weeks ago. Like all other STB's I have flashed, I already had my pc turned on, but the box turned off. I then ran the STB Editor tool & ran it before turning the box on to flash the box.

How could rebooting the pc load up any other drivers, considering that the STB is still turned off when the pc is rebooted?

well i dont know about jodav, but afaik ever since dos the motherboard(box) needs to load drivers for all attached devices.

Im thinking that as your pc is turned on the drivers are loaded (and you have been lucky every time). In some instances (you know sometimes windows gets confused) the drivers get forgotten about, a reboot may help the old box to remember! :)

cheers
nutnut.

I wish you could be bothered, as I still see no reason to reboot the pc.

All hardware devices need a driver. And all drivers are loaded automatically or manually depending on the device (serial device, USB device etc etc). without a driver software ie the OS, program etc cannot speak to Hardware ie a stb, mouse, printer etc and visa versa. The driver is needed as an interpretor for want of a better word (it understands both languages enough for them to be able to communicate with each other). Now operating systems, software, and hardware have advanced in the way they manage how drivers are loaded, and how to assign and manage resources like COMM ports. nutnut is correct in the sense that something on the motherboard loads basic drivers for a mouse, a keyboard, and yes a serial device etc etc. What can that be, and has that evolved with the software it contains. Without it a computer cannot run, once basic drivers are loaded loaded what then manages the drivers and how has that evolved.

So to elaborate. The older the BIOS, OS, Computer, the different ways they load, assign, and deal with conflicts that may occur with a serial device amongs lots of other things.

Now rather than me explain all this, i prefer to just make the process as simple as possible that covers all bases (as much as I can at least).

I try to help people as much as I can with what knowledge I have, and I try to do it in laymans terms as much as possible to cover different peoples knowledge and abilities. Posts like this just complicate and confuse a lot of people when there is absolutely no need.

My advice to you and people like you is help rather than criticise. I do not pretend to know everything, but as long as I have helped some people that is enough for me.

If you find it hard to find your answer now, use google as this is the last I will comment on this matter as it distracts from what the thread is about and for.

jodav :)

its those usb adapters that have issues as they need a driver and like some pc programs it may state pc needs a reboot to fully install,nothing needed with the null modem cable just the loader and file and cable from box to pc and away you go.
it has got nothing to do with flashing boxes.

Yep. A pc with an onboard RS232 will work straight off. I have a USB adapter for my new pc but haven't used it yet. Bought it for when this old thing that I'm using now packs in!

well i dont know about jodav, but afaik ever since dos the motherboard(box) needs to load drivers for all attached devices.

Im thinking that as your pc is turned on the drivers are loaded (and you have been lucky every time). In some instances (you know sometimes windows gets confused) the drivers get forgotten about, a reboot may help the old box to remember! :)

cheers
nutnut.

Yep. Sometimes (as in the IT Crowd fashion), switching it off & on again is your saviour. Cures 99% of pc glitches/lockups/freezes etc. (y)

@jodav...sorry for wasting your time in explaining what drivers are, but it was the part about rebooting the pc to load drivers that didn't make sense to me. I know what drivers are & why they are needed, but they are installed at the first bootup of the pc. You posted that you need to reboot after connecting the box, but rebooting the pc again after connecting the box (whether it is switched on or not) will do absolutely nothing. Exactly the same drivers will be installed after the reboot.

My post was in no way meant as a criticism. I was just trying to clarify the fact that rebooting will not help. It will obviously do no harm, but will just waste time.

Sorry if my first post in this thread sounded a bit pompous. I didn't mean it to come across like that. All I meant by it was that I am the wrong end of 50, so have been round the block a few times LOL!
I am fast becoming a GOM (Grumpy Old Man). :damn:;)

Last edited:
Fair do's, but you will find that older operating systems and BIOS will need rebooting when serial devices are connected as they have different management systems that have assigned COMM ports to previously attatched serial devices.

I am sorry if my post was a bit touchy, but have had a few unwaranted nitpickings lately and Im just getting a bit sick of them. Begining to get like another forum at times not far away from here instead of working together to aid people. I try to keep my help advice as foolproof as I am able to.

I will try and chill out a bit more lol

Take care,
jodav :)

Hi, Mate if you can affoerd it the kryptview pheonix 850 hd is a very good box easy to set up vertually just plug n play you mite need a 20 db atteuator, dont go maplins to dear any ariel shop have them for about £3.99 the atteuator stop the glithching you wont be dissapointed

Back