kryptview not working hampshire.andover

oldskool

i know of two boxes both down andover.one is a year old and frozen on network id.mine is brand new 2hrs ago.all flashed with correct software and updated to 26/4/12 patch.so not a software issue.followed guide on my new one exactly same result as my friends one year old box.get to network id and box just says already exists.not picking up any networks.it is as if it cant see the network so therefore no channels.plug my old evox max blue in same line.picks up fta and other scrambled channels.so not a signal problem.both kryptviews will be going on ebay this weekend.as been told the same things bout factory resetting etc.and the box doesnt work.only fix i think would be for someone to channeldump andover area epg.and to download into box....any ideas

Check sub box Settings/Tech Stuff to confirm you are using the correct Net ID
Scan on Network NOT All,and from a direct feed/no splinter
Confirm software Menu/System Info
Reinstall Nov 2011 software

Edit
It would appear you updated box via remote before installing an older software via cable/PC

Last edited:
As above VM sub box, from remote Settings/Tech Stuff/No1 that's your Net ID

Reinstall a any 2011 software,(this has to be done via PC) then update via remote for 2012 software

As above software on box can be check KV remote Menu/System Info

From what you say the box is OK

I unpacked. box.I plug into pc installed 24/4/04f/w.plugged into Ethernet.and did s/w.update fr box.all good .then factory reset.then unplugged Ethernet.and scanned cable.network Id.came up as already there .so you are saying to reinstall 2011 f/w.and check networks settings.yes I think box is ok.but wondering

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I can tell you that about 2wks ago.the system went off for an hour.and when it came back on.the evox had lost itv2+1.itv3+q.itv4+1.that was when my m8 factory reset.his kryptview.and it died.then mine arrived this morning and suffering from same issue.could nthell.be testing a fix in our area.?.as we are close to main transmitter.was one at Stockbridge.and one at hook.

You say you have done a restore to factory default settings, did you delete all the channels
as it will keep going round in a loop with "already exists" if you don't.

you will only get a list of net ids if all the channels are wiped from the box.

if you have definatly cleared all the channels from the previous search I would load the firmware off this site
and try it without doing the s/w update over the net. You will still have to do a restore to factory default settings
before re scanning.

Thanks will try all again in a bit.using good old e/vox at mo.will change over to test.thanks for your help.bit of a pain my friend not bothered as his working for over a year.but mine only a few hrs old.got a feeling they have changed something in network id .but hopefully its just an error on my part in the sequence.but yes wondering.is the network is tech detail availible here to crosscheck.

All you need to do when you get a list of net ids up is try one close to you.
If you don't get a full channel list, restore to factory default, delete all channels and try
another. Repeat until you get a full channel list.

I ended up scanning from manchester and im in liverpool, plenty of net ids in a closer
area, but this gave me a full list.

don't worry you want break anything. if you can't get the net id list up just reflash
the box, it may be a bad flash.

will check in a bit later, let us know how you get on.

Net ID is on Virgin Media sub box, from remote Settings/No. 6:Tech Stuff /Nework ID ?
Or, Home/Settings/Tech Stuff/Network ID.
If no sub box ask your mate,if he has one

i would check pc to see what file you downloaded was it the 750 or 780? as both are different files.also does your pc have xp and a serial port,or using a usb adapter?

Pc windows 7.com 3.set up.through serial to USB converter.all working fine windows 7 pick it up and gives it a com port so no messing about with settings it was a780 file from here 24/4/2011.need a net id,for Basingstoke.nthell.

Right flashed box with 24/04/11 factory reset.channel wipe.tuned and no networks found at all.just blank box ,with please wait .have wiped channels ,and factory default.for an hour no networks.all that comes up is the words "already exists.".then search fails.I am running direct no splitter.signal strength.77-82..network scan not finding anything.tried tuning with old firmware nothing.and then updated still no networks.there must be something not right.deleted channels and factory default everytime.pc is running windows 7 and com 3.all fine there.

i have heard before of people not finding channels on a scan,coaxial is plugged in?just to make sure as it does happen lol,two things to try is if you have a vm box and is working you are getting a signal,next is the adapter you are using as in not transferring all data when flashing,did your box reboot when the flash was finished? it has to finish writing all the info,maybe try scanning elsewhere and if that does not work ,i would source out a null modem cable and a pc with xp and serial port the way boxes are supposed to be flashed correctly,if you had a serial port on windows that should work also,i am not convinced usb adapters are good:whistling:

If you don't subcribe to VM either TV or BB it looks like your feed has been disconnected.

If no VM sub box,the list on the KV box gives a choice of NetID areas pick the nearest to you

Kv not finding any .network..box reset after flash.and properly burned to box.eurobox working fine on same feed so have no idea.but strange as it is two Kv.mine and my friends one exactly same prob.both in Andover .as I said my box only 1day old .so going eBay.now.

Do you subscrible to Virgin Media ??

Recenty a lot of NetID and Providers (NTL,TW) changed its possible NTL is no longer your provider.

Euro vox running on ntl 6.887.working fine.so don't think anything.changed.so must be something else.well I'm going to knock it on the head now.but thankyou to everyone for all your help and suggestions.

if you could find someone with a pc with xp and serial port and null modem cable i would try that first.
curious you said eurovox works,not on n3 as with other boxes.

use as fta box now.no confusion there.still picks up all channels but obviously everthing else scrambled.dont have aerial.so use it as freeview box.but strange how it can pick up everything .but kv cant find anything.we flashed the other box on pc with xp.still no joy.so gonna leave it now..thanks again..

This is a new one to me i must admit, you say you a getting "network already exists"
even though you have cleared all the previous searches.

What channels do you have on your list ? for instance is it only FTA or all of the channels ?

Does it say " scrambled or no signal " on SS1 if you have it ?

Does sound like a bad flash to me at the mo.

Not being funny but have you got the box connected to the internet ?

Newbury Berks N*l, 00013 803000 6887

Last edited:
Back