Kv780

m1acc

Hi all, my neighbours 780 has stopped showing premium channels after 6 months, can someone tell me what i need to do with it please? Ive downloaded guides & software to reflash it and ive read I need an nline. Is it worth messing with??

There are a dated box but definitely worth it . When funds allow you to update then update. Loads of guides on how to update your box on here.

No. factory reset.flash fw via null modem cable. Scan for channels add nline . You can request only a nline . On general cable chat.

Updated firmware on 780 but won't let me change the Port shown on the update- shows 65535 but won't let me change this to my nline. Allows changes to other settings. Any solution please?

Yeah, tried that but won't allow me to change it. Was able to change all other details. Puzzled

strange, i was clicking ok on the line waiting for the keyboard to pop up as it does on all the other details.

just used the digits on my remote and it went in fine.

That's it folks. many thanks. Was waiting for keyboard to appear like it did for other settings but as you said it doesn't. Again many thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 06:12 PM ----------

Just for info. After flashing with new firmware was able to update again over the internet. Can you just confirm what the latest firmware is please?

what date is on the box as we are awaiting online update to add mgcamd,latest we have is in downloads is 25052016

yes can now confirm new online update for 780 now working pv4.5.03

Last edited:
what date is on the box as we are awaiting online update to add mgcamd,latest we have is in downloads is 25052016

yes can now confirm new online update for 780 now working pv4.5.03
Can anyone tell me the difference between newcamd and mgcamd? Does one have any advantages over the other? Would a line purchased for one protocol work in the other?

I've tried to update firmware but get error 'the downloading is not requested'

Was only a matter of time till we saw this..!! Haha.. love it.. Either null modem cable is a R232 one or... the switching OFF then back ON of the box just as you press start on loader is not timed to perfection..! Ted.. If your 100% your null cable is ok then its the latter.. dont give up...yet..!! Ted

Was only a matter of time till we saw this..!! Haha.. love it.. Either null modem cable is a R232 one or... the switching OFF then back ON of the box just as you press start on loader is not timed to perfection..! Ted.. If your 100% your null cable is ok then its the latter.. dont give up...yet..!! Ted
Hi guys bit confused is there different types of Null Modem cables, and if so which is the correct one to use?

---------- Post Merged at 02:03 PM ----------

Hi guys bit confused is there different types of Null Modem cables, and if so which is the correct one to use?

Hi
R232 cable looks the same as null modem one but do different jobs. But there is only 1 type of null modem cable as I am aware .

---------- Post Merged at 02:14 PM ----------

Just to add make sure your com port is set correct otherwise you'll be there for ever.

The guide says press red twice then standby with the box showing all zeros after factory reset, is this correct?

I know the 2 are talking because if I change the com port it gives me an error, my av is off & firewall etc. I've tried this many ways to no avail, same error message?? Stuck now so neighbour can go buy himself a new one!

Back