Laptop for gaming

Good luck. £300 wouldn't even get you a desktop that you could call a gaming machine never mind a laptop. A decent graphics card such as a GTX970 or 980 will cost you £300+ alone. If you spend 300 on a laptop expect for it be for word processing etc only. It may run older games but nothing exciting. You also have to remember you can't really upgrade a laptop either unless you go super high end.

My advice would be to save your money for a desktop and aim to spend £700+ for decent machine. You could look at finance from scan or overclockers and use your current cash as a deposit.

If you really want a laptop expect to spend over £1000 for anything decent.

I've been looking to buy a couple of gaming laptops for my sons. Cheapest around (with GTX1050 cards) are about £800. GTX1050ti adds about £100 to that. Gaming desktops on ebay (new ones, mind) start at about £500 for older graphics cards, but it cash is tight this could be the way to go and upgrade components as you can afford.

Your not going to get anything for £300
Does it have to be a laptop?
Would be cheaper to build a desktop yourself
Easy enough to do these days
And you could build a 1050ti in a reasonably small case for £550
For that you would get for example
Zotac 1050ti 4gb
8gb 3000 ram
Operating system say windows 10
Power supply
Ryzen 3 cpu
Case
Say a 240 gb ssd
Motherboard

Basically everything other than mouse, keyboard (windows 10 can be used without keyboard using onscreen keyboard)
The list is just a quick list to give you and idea
Pc part picker is the way to go
But ask someone who knows what there doing to pick parts
To make sure everything is compatible
Example motherboard socket, cpu

Back