Lebara using 5gb a day

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello my lad as a xiamo redmi pro. He honestly only uses for his bus ticket to school. He's only 11. And it's smashing 5gb a day. He said he turns data off until he gets on the bus in the morning and at when he comes home.

His phone connects to WiFi as soon as he's home and he turns mobile data off

What could it be. This weekend he's used 15gb data it's impossible it's sat in the house all weekend 😭

Knowing kids prob downloaded something that draining data in background ...would start deleting apps installed since prob started.

Or even stop data access to all apps and see if problem persists...if not turn 1 on at time to see which ones causing it

Cheers will ask him to remember his passwords for his snap chat and tik Tok and delete everything.
TikTok will kill his data on most phones you can set a data limit and data warning also does he have his phone set to WiFi calling.
Saying that I can use a lot of data in day but that’s mainly uploading to SoundCloud ect as don’t use home WiFi prefer to use mobile data

Hello my lad as a xiamo redmi pro. He honestly only uses for his bus ticket to school. He's only 11. And it's smashing 5gb a day. He said he turns data off until he gets on the bus in the morning and at when he comes home.

His phone connects to WiFi as soon as he's home and he turns mobile data off

S What could it be. This weekend he's used 15gb data it's impossible it's sat in the house all weekend 😭
Go into the network setting for Lebara. You can see what apps are using data. Bet it's tik tok...

Screenshot_20231016-105045.png
Here's mine for example

Just checked his phone.... Says in two months he's used a grand total of 1.6gb over mobile data.

So god knows why this weekend alone he's used 15gb.

Says he can't remember his passwords and doesn't want to lose his accounts 😭

I know he's used 15gb as on the app it shows zero data everyday.

I top up £5 and by the next day it's gone completely

Check on the Google play store are his applications set to only update over wifi.

When he turns on mobile data apps will automatically update over that.

Also apps that use location will use mobile data.

I know he's used 15gb as on the app it shows zero data everyday.

I top up £5 and by the next day it's gone completely
Why not buy him a bundle or move him to a network where you get minutes texts and data included cause if your topping up a fiver daily that’s £40 a week you could get him a bundle on a different network for half that

Back