1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

letter from Mr Murdoch

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by garyth, Dec 13, 2016.

1. garyth

garyth TK Veteran

Anyone had a letter from sky of late regarding suspicious goings on with their bband account?
  2. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

I've just moved to Virmin B/B from Sly. I take it that the letter refers to Sly B/B accounts? Sod him, move elsewhere.
  3. garyth

garyth TK Veteran

yeah mate, didn't receive one myself as I'm also with vm. A friend has received one and its more to do with unusually high volume of spamming emails and a warning that his bband would be cut off.
  4. scoob197

scoob197 TK Veteran

Sounds like he has been compromised with a virus somehow
  5. garyth

garyth TK Veteran

that's exactly what sky are saying, I'm pretty sure though they aint going to put in writing what they think he may well be up to? was just interested to see if anyone else out there had heard from Mr Murdoch's Team of late, that's all
  6. scoob197

scoob197 TK Veteran

If not just a casual PC download virus in this crazy world we live in now most people own devices like e2 boxes for instance that can act like a server (stay on all the time) and can be hacked by bots pretty easy via ssh/ftp if you accidentally expose yourself to send spam and infect other PC's and devices.
    I would image that's whats happened here.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  7. the reaper

the reaper VIP Member Forum Supporter

There are cases of modems/hubs being cloned and used elsewhere to obtain free broadband.
    These clones have been found in so called terrorist lairs and most used extensively on the dark web as stated by the FBI.
    In this country clones are just used to avoid paying out to sky etc.
  8. dillyp70

dillyp70 PETER DILWORTH

The good old dark web....
    Cloned modems sold on si*k Road along with card detail and rocket launchers its a crazy world we live in.
  9. wooshman

wooshman VIP Member Forum Supporter

I have 2 on order, I was told they are the next best thing to a Nerf gun and the kids will love them.
  10. dillyp70

dillyp70 PETER DILWORTH

They come special delivery via camelback

---------- Post Merged at 08:03 PM ----------

Only £12.99 via bitcoin
  11. nickyd186

nickyd186 TK Veteran

Bet that's still quicker and safer than hermes
  12. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

"Hope you've been good this year, kids!" lol