Lincsat ViX4E2 Image for ZGemma 2S

I’d like to flash this image but I’m a little confused, I’m used to the USB in the back port way and I can see I need to grab the files ‘force’ and ‘imageversion’ from any other backup image I have, when looking at other older backups I have they have a ‘splash.bin’ file also which this backup doesn’t have, so do I need to add that to make this image USB flash?

Also if I can’t do that do I just place this complete zip file anywhere on my HDD then go into the image manager and locate the zip and resote?

Lastly, is oScam better then mgcamb? I’ve not heard of oScam before so putting in my N-line will be a different experience to what I’m used to!

I always find it best to flash from the zip rather than the USB force method, especially with a large image. You should be able to flash it from anywhere on your HDD as you say.

Image has MGcamd, CCcam as well as OScam, IMO, OScam is best, so is set by default.

I’d like to flash this image but I’m a little confused, I’m used to the USB in the back port way and I can see I need to grab the files ‘force’ and ‘imageversion’ from any other backup image I have, when looking at other older backups I have they have a ‘splash.bin’ file also which this backup doesn’t have, so do I need to add that to make this image USB flash?

Also if I can’t do that do I just place this complete zip file anywhere on my HDD then go into the image manager and locate the zip and resote?

Lastly, is oScam better then mgcamb? I’ve not heard of oScam before so putting in my N-line will be a different experience to what I’m used to!

I always find it best to flash from the zip rather than the USB force method, especially with a large image. You should be able to flash it from anywhere on your HDD as you say.

Image has MGcamd, CCcam as well as OScam, IMO, OScam is best, so is set by default.

I've now flashed your image and i'm very happy with it, really don't know what i was worried about in fact its easier to flash that way! I've done a few visual tweaks to suit what i like and have used mgcamd for now as i have absolutely no issues with it but will be happy to change that if needs be.

This image is noticeably quicker whilst going through the EPG compared to Hades 18 that i was on. I certainly recommend others to try the image as for me this one is a keeper.

Hi lncsat im just getting used to my vix hades setup tho i would defo like to install your setup im a newbie to these boxes and havnt had much time to play with it ? I would appreciate it if you could give me a dummies guide on how to install your setup please

A big thumbs up for this backup I've tried every image so far and found this to be the best the epg is great everything is categorised professionally .It boots up quickly and the epg is quick with no lag

I've now flashed your image and i'm very happy with it, really don't know what i was worried about in fact its easier to flash that way! I've done a few visual tweaks to suit what i like and have used mgcamd for now as i have absolutely no issues with it but will be happy to change that if needs be.

This image is noticeably quicker whilst going through the EPG compared to Hades 18 that i was on. I certainly recommend others to try the image as for me this one is a keeper.

hi how did you install it via image manager tryed both putting it on usb and ftp to media hdd but its saying you have no image to install

dsayers2014 - if using FTP method backup zip images should be placed in hdd/imagebackups. Then try installing by Menu-setup-VIX and then choose image to restore

dsayers2014 - if using FTP method backup zip images should be placed in hdd/imagebackups. Then try installing by Menu-setup-VIX and then choose image to restore

cheers got it flashing now using force and imageversion files from other backups

---------- Post Merged at 01:08 PM ----------

ok maybe not it took 20 minutes to flash and now its stuck on boot for last five minutes :(

cheers got it flashing now using force and imageversion files from other backups

ok maybe not it took 20 minutes to flash and now its stuck on boot for last five minutes :(

I placed the image zip file into the corrcet folder on the HDD (image manager not backup manager), went into the HDD on my PC in the network section not FTP. Then from the box I selected the image backup and flashed it.

I placed the image zip file into the corrcet folder on the HDD (image manager not backup manager), went into the HDD on my PC in the network section not FTP. Then from the box I selected the image backup and flashed it.

reflashed vix hades did as you said selected restore and it came up with a message saying preparing to install with countdown but then does nothing

I'm not to sure sorry, maybe try and download the image again it could be corrupt? Don't unzip it and place onto the HDD. You could be doing that already I don't know?

I'm not to sure sorry, maybe try and download the image again it could be corrupt? Don't unzip it and place onto the HDD. You could be doing that already I don't know?

yes I'm leaving it zipped I'm using my usb that I use for flashing only so I mounted the drive and it started to flash but its staying on boot like it did when I tried usb method :fartlight:

Hello

What I did was to put the 2 downloaded files unzipped them and put them into another backup I had and replaced the rootfs and kernel
Then put the folder into hdd/backups
Then with vix image manager restore the image
It does work

20150822_192820.jpg20150822_192820.jpg20150822_193138.jpg20150822_193044.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 07:38 PM ----------

Sorry pics not clear done on my phone

Attachments

• 20150822_193103.jpg
    20150822_193103.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20150822_193040.jpg
    20150822_193040.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20150822_193027.jpg
    20150822_193027.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 30
In Vix and Imagemanager press Menu and set the location for the image backups. Highlight the backup and select restore. Don't mess with the zip file, just put it as is on the HDD - or put it on a USB and point the backup location to that.

In Vix and Imagemanager press Menu and set the location for the image backups. Highlight the backup and select restore. Don't mess with the zip file, just put it as is on the HDD - or put it on a USB and point the backup location to that.

Hi that's what I did on my third attempt it seemed to flash but then rebooted and got stuck on boot had to refashioned with hades I will give it another try tomorrow thanks.

it wont reconise usb in drive keep telling me no image .thanks for info . can u give me more newbi guide please .

Have you mounted the usb drive try this

Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
Exit

this should now have to drive mounted so you can use it to copy the file to via ftp

Back