Lines and IPTV

majikman

Apologies if this has been covered in other topics but I have searched and cannot find definitive answers.

I have a zgemmz h.2s running whoosh build and a line which I have had no issues with at all (apart from the missing channels probs that affect everyone).

I was speaking with a friend and he said I should get IPTV. I am just a little unsure what it is and how it works compared to what I have. I have noticed an IPTV player on the box and had a little play with it and it appears to be like the kodi box I used to have (I realise that may be a simplistic comparison).

I have got a price for a IPTV sub and was wondering what that would get me compared to what I have now also I have seen people saying they have intergrated it into there whoosh setup's so they just look for IPTV things through the slyk epg...

Thanks

An Iptv sub is not like iptv player what it will provide you with is a lot of what you already have through a line although you will likely get those channels in HD, the quality of those HD streams will be better then your current SD channels but definitely not of the same quality of HD through satellite, you will also likely get a lot more channels (USA, European etc) with the main advantage of providing access to 3pm kick offs.
Now as great as it sounds it's definitely not at this stage a means of watching tv reliably in my opinion, it has more issues then watching via the set up you run now with buffering and streams going down.
Now I never had much luck with using a iptv sub on a h2s and my current os mini as they don't seem to handle live HD streams very well and I tried a fair few subs on them, my current sub I regard to be as good as you can get at the moment and I still had the same issue, switched the sub to my amazon fire TV box and the problems went, some members here report that they have no issues with using an h2s for iptv subs but my advice is use the h2s for what it's meant for (satellite) and get a dedicated streaming box for iptv.
Also before handing over any cash ask for tests first and make sure they support enigma 2, a good provider will give you all the instructions you need to get set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all depends on your IPTV provider.
You will want one that supports enigma2 boxes and provides a script to install channel bouquets similar to what you have now for sly so you end up with sections like entertainment and sports all running with a EPG.
IPTV providers will vary massively in the support and what you can use it on. The cheapest will more than likely be cheap as they give little to no support and only let you use there service via a app and may not even have any sort of EPG to use.

Hi I have a H2s box as well, what dedicated streaming box would you recommend? thanks.

I can only recommend the amazon fire tv box 2nd gen as that is what I use and it works well, other members may be able to recommend some other models based on their experience.

A lot of people use mag 254 boxes for iptv streaming.
If you have a decent android box / TV you can use that.
Seen some people are using fire sticks but not sure how well that will work with iptv (haven't bothered to do any tests myself yet as my fire stick is now upstairs as I have a Sony bravia android TV)
From the tests I have done on both the h2s and my android TV using perfect player the TV defiantly out performed the h2s but I fully expected it to lol

Mag or a roku device or smart TV with perfect player for iptv, zgemma don't work well with iptv subs

Sent from my 6055P using Tapatalk

This is useful to know as was looking to buy a IPTV subs for my Zgemma H2.S was told it was rock solid???? its expensive but was prepared to pay the extra for it to get more channels and better picture quality BUT is it a buffer magnet like kodi streaming then im not so keen. Saying that my kodi firstick play flawlessly

Pretty much all iptv providers will let you have a 24hr test so you can see what sort of performance your going to get. I would say a Saturday will be the best time to test a iptv provider as that is when there server will get put under the most usage but you will be lucky to find one that will let you test for free on a Saturday because of people just trying to get tests to watch football

Cheers guys..well i can watch footy anywhere on various devices in my household like everyone really, so don't know why they would not want to give test on Saturday!!! you got to be a complete moron if you can't get access to footy anywhere other than sponging a free line or whatever it is!!! lmao

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. Don't think I will bother with the iptv then as it is not something I was desperate for. I just wanted to know what it was..

Wow just got set up on iptv and its superb.. Got to say I'm impressed so far. The supplier even remote set it up for me brilliant service. HD channels look very good.
Glad I took the plunge

Hey @hkphooey that's great news. May I ask was this set up on your H2.S? What plugin do you use with the Sub? Was it TS Media? I'm thinking of taking the plunge myself with my H2.S with wooshbuild.

Yes mate H2.S... No I use open atv. Works great so far only had it on since this morning but been fine.

Yes mate H2.S... No I use open atv. Works great so far only had it on since this morning but been fine.

Any chance you could PM me the details for which IPTV service you are using? I have tried a few and they have not been very good!!

Only thing that is really bugging me is the epg importer.
Can't seem to get it to populate even if I manually do it.. Sometimes it will get fully populated then changes odd.

Sounds like you may not have all the correct sources selected. Speak to your supplier, they should provide support.

Sounds like you may not have all the correct sources selected. Speak to your supplier, they should provide support.

Defo ticked all the correct settings as I have been instructed mate... And couple extras lol

Back