Loading IPTV list on V9s

poprune

I've purchased a twelve-month subscription to an IPTV service and have downloaded a m3u file from a web site; it contains about three thousand stations. I trimmed that down to about half by editing with Notepad (my PC is Win & 64 Pro) and, following instructions, put the result as a file renamed tvlist.m3u on a USB drive. This I plugged in to the front on the two slots on the v9s, went to Ccam/Network apps and pressed the first icon on the screen (NOT 'Stalker'). A rotating disc appeared at the top left of the screen... and carried on rotating for several ice ages. When I got back to it about three hours later, the disc was still rotating, but the words 'Welcome to IPTV' had appeared on the screen. I couldn't get out of this by normal means, so pulled the power plug (I do a lot of that on the v9s) and went back to the menu. Nothing there, but the disc started rotating again and after quite a short time came to a halt with an IPTV menu.
I thought the job was done, so switched off, pulled the USB drive and switched on again... nothing at all in the IPTV menu list! So I put the USB drive back in and after about three or four minutes I got the entire list back.. and could watch and set favourites. The only thing I CAN'T do is watch IPTV without the USB stick in the V9S. Now that's not an insurmountable problem, but I want to use that drive for recording films (I have an arial in the other). So why, please, can't I store my IPTV list without the USB in the drive? Or is 1500 stations too big?

Sorry, should have added that I've downloaded the latest firmware about three days ago.

Another apology! The path I've shown for Network App should be 'Net Centre/Network App'.

Last edited:
Back