Looking into buying a cloud ibox 4, worth the money?

beltabry

I currently own a skybox fs5 and I'm planning on upgrading. I found the cloud ibox 4 but found very little information about it with it being new on the market. I can buy one for £90, is it worth this amount? Is it worth the extra on top of the ibox 3 what are the differences between the two? or would you recommend something completely different without paying too much more?

Thanks for any advice.

Here are the specs I found for the ibox 4:
500 MHz MIPS Processor - Linux Operating System
- Media Player
- Downloadable Plug-ins supported
- 2 x Smartcard Reader(Conax&Xcrypt)
- MPEG2/H 264 Hardware Decoding
- DVB-S2 Twin Tuner
- 16 character DotMatrix VFD
- 128MB NAND Flash/384MB RAM
- Stable SMPS Intergrated
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Interface
- 3 x USB 2.0
- RS232
- HDMI
- YPbPr
- Composite Video
- 1 x SCART
- SPDIF for digital bit stream out (optical)
- EPG supported
- Automatic & Manual Service Scan Supported
- Multiple LNB control (DiSEqc)supported
- Skin Change Supported
- Stable SMPS intergrated
- Size (W x D x H): 195 mm x 140 mm x 40 mm
- Power consumption: < 15W at 12V
- External PSU Input:
- 110-240V AC / 50-60Hz / 0,6A Output:
- 12V = / 3,0A
- Weight:1.7kg

these boxes are far better then f5

as there run enigma 2

ibox 3 and 4 are very close as the same

i would go for 3 as there would be more support for 3

This does not look like the 'official' ibox 4 from shenzhen tech. They say the new ibox 4 will be

LOUD IBOX4 will come soon.

Main Features

1,3GHz Dual Core CPU Processor
Plug & play DVB-S/-S2/-C/-T/-T2 Triple Tuners or Twin Tuner ( 2 DVBS2, 2 DVBC, 2 DVBT2/C, S2+C, S2+T2/C)
Full HD
HDMI
Linux Operating system,Latter than Kernel / Ver, 3,1 x
Media Player
Downloadable Plug-ins supported
1 x Smartcard Reader
1 x CI Plus
MPEG2/H 264 Hardware Decoding
LED
512MB NAND Flash / 1GB DDR Memory
External SATA supported
Internal HDD (optional)
Gigabit Ethernet Interface
2 x USB2,0
YPbPr
Composite video(RGB)
SCART(TV)
S / PDIF for digital bit stream out (optical )
EPG support
Automatic & Manual Service Scan support
Multiple LNB control (DiSEqC) support
Skin change support
PVR Ready

Support Blackhole OpenPLi OpenVIX Italysat Enigma2 0 SkyUK

Support HBBTV CI Plus Web Browser Android IPhone / iPad Airplay

This does not look like the 'official' ibox 4 from shenzhen tech. They say the new ibox 4 will be

Main Features

Plug & play DVB-S/-S2/-C/-T/-T2 Triple Tuners or Twin Tuner ( 2 DVBS2, 2 DVBC, 2 DVBT2/C, S2+C, S2+T2/C)
Full HD
HDMI
Media Player
1 x Smartcard Reader
1 x CI Plus
LED
External SATA supported
Internal HDD (optional)
2 x USB2,0
YPbPr
Composite video(RGB)
SCART(TV)
EPG support
Skin change support
PVR Ready

so what are the main differences between the ibox 3 and ibox4? I am new to all this so I am still learning. Would you say its worth getting an official ibox 4 or just go for the ibox 3?

Main Features

Full HD
HDMI
Media Player
1 x Smartcard Reader
1 x CI Plus
LED
External SATA supported
Internal HDD (optional)
2 x USB2,0
YPbPr
Composite video(RGB)
SCART(TV)
EPG support
Skin change support
PVR Ready

What are the main differences between the ibox 3 and ibox 4 then? Would you say its worth waiting to buy an official ibox 4 or just buying an ibox 3?

Ibox 3 has 1 sat tuner 1 analogue or cable tuner so I would say not much use as cable tuner supposed to be less than adequate.

I do like the ibox 2+ but single tuner

Cloud Ibox recievers are getting better and i would recommend them for price and reliability.You might get a few issues with software applications conflicting very rarely but it does happen.I recommend both original ibox and ibox3 they are easy to use after a few youtube tutorials .

So I would just connect 1 of the pair coming from the LNB on the dish then? The other just doesn't connect to anything?

The other would be used as a pass through to another device when ur skybox was powered down. Not used in most setups.

Hotplate the skybox f5s has two connectors only one tuner one connector is a lnb (tuner input) and a loop output (extension to provide connection to another box)
The two cables are for two tuner receivers yours has only one tuner and a loop. loops are not tuners they are outputs and not inputs

You only need one cable to watch pause live tv the other cable is used if you want to record another channel while watching tv on a different channel.To do this you need to purchase a dual or two channel or more receiver.

all iboxes are more or less the same the ibox 2 is really good and you will not notice any difference from 2 to 3
ibox 1 had a shitty case and fan but other than that its a really good box .I like ibox 2 and ibox 2plus but they are very similar and unless your a satellite snob will probably not notice any difference.

they all run on enigma 2 which is a linux based software this means you can load up addons some are like video on demand this can be very glitchy and temperamental and reset your box .Updates are provided by dedicated users .They are amazing but are only human and occasionally make mistakes.
If you want to sit back and watch tv, rather than customizing everything on your tv the skybox f5 is for you.

But... if you have the ability to read the determination to succeed and when you get knocked down get up again then.....just then you may have the balls to buy an ibox 2 my friend.

Last edited:
Back