loop out to TV on the H2S

dazbon

The wife is insistent that she needs a second feed in to the bedroom TV. Wondering if I need a second box for the loop out to work, as I am guessing that you can not just take the feed from here direct in to a second TV. Would be easy if I could split the HDMI feed out from the box & just run a lead in to the other room. Not sure that would be possible or is it the case that HDMI is similar to usb & is only really effective over a short distance? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I downloaded dream epg from the playstore on my mxq box and can stream my zgemma 2s to it with full epg

cheers
chris
:-)

Nice one. This MXQ box I guess needs to be connected to the internet via the router? If that's the case then to get it to work I would need a decent length Ethernet cable I guess for physical connection?

Nice one. This MXQ box I guess needs to be connected to the internet via the router? If that's the case then to get it to work I would need a decent length Ethernet cable I guess for physical connection?
You can pick up an mxq on ebay for £20-£30

4a06245327a42c1671b70099bc5a0b5f.jpg

Tried sending as a message.
This is what i use on mxq

Thanks, had that in mind so have a long enough Ethernet cable on order to give the physical connection a go first.

Update for the MXQ box streaming feed from Zgemma. Well took a while to get it all together & have installed the Ethernet (15m run) in to the bedroom. The Dream EPG software has been downloaded from the Play store & installed on to the MXQ (running 4.4.2 Kit Kat & therefore can not use Dream Player) & running MX Pro to enable listings to be displayed. Checked the streaming feature & this appears to be working well.
I have just contacted the software developer to ask him if he has a user guide for the Dream Epg, which would make life a lot easier for anyone else wishing to stream their channels in to another room using this method.
All in all I am glad that it is finally all working and the wife is happy, yes I said it HAPPY!! Thanks go out to to chriscarey70 & the Dream Epg software developer for their help along the way.

Updated to V2 of Wooshmans build & it appears that the Dream EPG software can not update via the MXQ box. Have checked in router settings & now it appears I can not get both Zgemma & MXQ to show connected at the same time on the home network. I have removed the EPG software from the MXQ & re-installed all the way to the point of updating the epg & it just throws me out of the software & shows receiver as offline. Just wondered if anyone has had anything similar happen after software updates on the Zgemma?

Ta for that.
Tried it and can get a feed in using timote but still can't see why Dream Epg won't work. Before the software update to V2 Wooshbuild & changing to static settings & using DNS for a site called unlocator everything was working fine & EPG was updating via Dream EPG no probs?

From previous posts it seems not, anyway would need a second zgemma. Seems it might be more due to updates as MXQ is working on Android 4.4 Kitkat & Dream EPG / player & associated software is being further developed for 5.0 Lollipop & upwards. It should work using MX Player Pro but just hangs when trying to stream etc. Timote is a free application & connects and works straight away with no problems. It has similar functionality as the Dream EPG player, although slightly cut down version, it is easier to set-up & runs with the older software. The developer of the Dream EPG thought it might be network related & I have looked in to this & can't see how. One thing I did notice is that the Dream EPG software is automatically set-up to attempt connection via wireless & this needs to be deselected in settings if you are connected via Ethernet. Just thought I'd post it to save anyone else making the mistake I did.

Back